Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff

FLASY FISH LURES fishing
(Page 6 of 9)
> > > >
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [SkunkedAgain] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
Okay, the link to the site is coloradocatfishconnection.com

We are a local group very small in size with 5 members but its more for helping new fishermen find the big ones and different set ups and such. I figured the forums would be a good place to start getting the word out about the site to see if we could get a few more fishing buddies. I dont know how well our idea will work yet, but if nothing else its a good spot for us to brag and share some knowledge at the very least.

If the picture shows up, this is a 20+ pound cat caught last summer
Re: [catatonomous] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
Hey that's a nice cat. What kind of cat is that one? We just have channels in Utah that get any size to them. I'll check out your website it sounds like fun. Don't know if Colorado is like Utah, but we have seen a big interest in catfishing lately. Not equal to trout, but growing. Wish you well in your efforts. Later J
Thats a channel cat. Colorado doesnt have many other species. We do have some blues, but my dad has only caught one of those about 18 pounds many years ago. we have bullheads, but I dont classify those as cats... We have a lot of big channel cats in colorado but the thing is a lot of people just dont know how to fish for them.

We have noticed some upward trend in cat fishing, but trout and bass seem to be most popular. I get so tired of trout though we catch them all year long even with out catfish baits and such. Colorado over stocks small fish and its just horrible to go to a lake and catch 60 70 8-10 inch fish. Once you get up into the high country those numbers go down, but you still deal with a lot of stockers out there.

What we have learned is theres a local set of lakes that closes down in the winter, that the fishing is pretty good at when the lakes open in the spring. I mean at least you can catch some nice holdovers then. Those same 10 inch fish will be 16 18 inches by spring so theres a solid supply of scud in the lakes.

These were both caught ten minutes from our house. and both are 15 pounds one is just an inch longer than the other.
image/jpeg IMGA003611.jpg (280 KB)
Very nice, looks like you got some good ones. Tried to get into web site today but my firewall wouldn't let me. Try again at home. Later J
I dont like to toot my own horn but they are pretty nice fish. taste excellent too. course for eating, I like them about two pounds. that way the fillets get crispy lol
TubeDude has taught us how to smoke the catfish and they are top shelf good stuff. But you're right smaller are better eating. Later J
So how exactly do I get signed up for a team? Sorry Iím new to this but now how catch some big kitties
Take 'Em
Re: [scotty_needles] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
You're signed up I just need a team for you? North or south? Fish Utah lake your south, Willard you're north.
Team south :)) thanks
Take 'Em
Re: [scotty_needles] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
Ok go catch fish. Thanks J
Sign me up for the north team, Iím ready to catch some cats!
Re: [cjw100] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
Caleb I got ya on the list, good luck and let's go get some big ones this year. Later J
Currently at 74 signed up, two less than last year, but I expect there are quite a few that will still sign up... If you know some of our members that like the contest and haven't signed up yet, let them know it's time to sign up.. Thanks all... Jeff
i would like to sign up please
Team South!!!

thank you
I got at least two more people that will sign up in the next couple of days jeff!
sign me up Jeff, I might get lucky this year. I guess I better be honest and go with the north.

Richard
Re: [troutguy101] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
Got ya on the list, welcome to the fun... J
Re: [cjw100] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
Sounds good Caleb, then you guys need to get out and catch a few... I might even join ya... Later J
Re: [r2u2] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
Hey Richard you just helped us tie last years contest entries... Now I hope you pull in some of those monster cats... PS... You can count one fish from the other side of the line, so if you fish south you can count it... Good luck... J
Sign me up North
Re: [Trawltofer] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
All set, got you on the list... Welcome to BFT... J
I would like to sign up for team south please.
Re: [Bigcatch30] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
Welcome to BFT and I've got ya on the list. Thanks for joining in the fun. J
Sign me up for team NorthFish On
(This post was edited by 95Realtree on Mar 31, 2018, 4:06 PM)
Re: [95Realtree] BFT Catfish Contest 2018 Kickoff In reply to
Welcome to BFT and I got you on the list as well... Thanks for joining the fun and glad you're on the right side we need some help... Later J
> > > >