Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOLLAR LAKE
I just talked to our local scout master and they are taking the boys to Kings Peak in July. He was asking me if there are fish in Dollar Lake. They will make base camp there. I told him I can see the Unitas from my truck window on my way to the Gorge but knew nothing of the fishing in the Unitas. But I told him I knew a good place to find out. So is there fish in Dollar and if so what kind? Any particular lures I could reccomend fo them?
[signature]
There are a few Brookies in there but that lake gets hit by most everyone that passes through on the way to Kings Peak so I doubt the fishing is that great.

FM
[signature]
Your scouts will catch plenty of fish in Dollar using flies. If they want to fish a lot, there are lot of lakes off the main trail before you hit Gunsight pass.

Enjoy the hike.
[signature]
Several lakes in the area are probably better fishing and less visited, Bear, Sawmill and above timberline you have Cliff and Blanchard which could be the best fishing lakes up there. The stream is pretty good fishing also. Use bear precautions.
[signature]
Thanks guys just the info i needed.
[signature]
I've had pretty good fishing at Henrys Fork Lake which is near Dollar Lake.
[signature]