Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Fish Lake trip

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing FLASY FISH LURES fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Fish Lake trip
Spent the weekend at one of the Fish Lake Resort cabins at lakeshore. The cabins have a great view and are a short walk to the water, which is nice.

Rented a boat from the marina all day Saturday, caught countless perch in the morning, then went in for breakfast. Back out around 11 or so, not expecting much, and it delivered Tongue, caught a few perch, but no trout at all. Tried on the far shore for a while, then at the edge of the weeds by twin creeks, caught a few more perch, pretty slow action.

After dinner went out and hit some trout pretty quickly, smaller rainbow planters. We stayed on them for a while, then back over to the twin creeks area to catch some more perch for the kids. Those guys are fun! A great way to teach kids how to feel bites as well. Just hoping they don't get the idea that fishing means to drop the line in, wait 3 seconds, then you have a fish every time!!

Overall it was a great trip, and I won my bet and didn't have to buy the family dinner Saturday night because there was plenty of trout for dinner!!

Thanks to everyone for the information while I was planning this trip. Unfortunately I didn't get a pontoon boat, but the smaller aluminum boats worked well enough.

"Good, bad, Im the one with the gun...."
Re: [new2bass] Fish Lake trip In reply to
good report, thanks.
Re: [new2bass] Fish Lake trip In reply to
Next time use the perch in fish tacos, thiey are great that way.