Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Good Morning at the Berry

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing FLASY FISH LURES fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Good Morning at the Berry
Got a late 6:30 start at Strawberry today but had really good success with the Kokanee. It was steady catching until about 11:00. Pink and green worked well. My gadget came in the mail yesterday so today was a good time to test it. Sure enough, I attached it to the downrigger ball and send it down. After bringing it back up I was able to see the water temp in five foot increments as far down as I wanted. It showed me temperature where the Kokanee like to be and it seemed to help bring them in. Appears to be a good addition to the tackle box.

Ready to take a Vet out tomorrow at SC. Running a black Lund with my American flag on the front. Looks to be a great day.
Re: [Lunder] Good Morning at the Berry In reply to
I have what might be similar. It's on a cable, so it only shows readings at the moment, but it shows both temperature and dissolved oxygen in parts per million which might be more useful for mid and late season ice fishing.

I haven't tried it yet, but I will now that I'll be able to ice fish much more with a vehicle that will do well with winter driving and unplowed parking lots.

The feature you present that shows all of the readings for the entire water column will make it's use much faster which matters to not distract from fishing time. I already get accused of spending too much time fiddling with settings and camera views on my MarCum LX-9 (not so much time now that I'm good at knowing which settings show me best what I need to see).

The gadgets are worth the effort!

I'm thinking of buying the latest version of Deeper for my shore fishing and a good GPS and mapping addition to my gadgets.

Your post intrigues me. Mine is old. Is there a version that includes dissolved oxygen?

Please post a link. I should buy one.

See you at Strawberry Saturday morning!

Ronald :)

Let's go fishing! I prefer to fish with others. I'm well equipped with plenty to share. Let's team up! Private Message me to suggest I come to where you're fishing.

be prepared, be very prepared

Don't become a Zombie in The Great Collapse!

I'm using my BFT profile as my personal dating website and posting my latest date invitations to single young BFT fisherladies there. Movie date proposal: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 Dinner and Luxury seats for Justice League (be my Wonder Woman!).
Re: [RonPaulFan] Good Morning at the Berry In reply to
Our Disabled Veterans shore fishing team caught two brown trout and one brook trout to keep and others saved for next time.

Ronald :)

Let's go fishing! I prefer to fish with others. I'm well equipped with plenty to share. Let's team up! Private Message me to suggest I come to where you're fishing.

be prepared, be very prepared

Don't become a Zombie in The Great Collapse!

I'm using my BFT profile as my personal dating website and posting my latest date invitations to single young BFT fisherladies there. Movie date proposal: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 Dinner and Luxury seats for Justice League (be my Wonder Woman!).
Re: [RonPaulFan] Good Morning at the Berry In reply to
The gadget is called a Fish Hawk TD. The best price I could find was from KokaneeFishTackle.com for $139.99. No tax and free shipping.
The Veterans fishing day went well. There were more boats than Veterans. I fished the south end of SC from 5:30 to 7:00 before heading back to pickup a Veteran. Very little action. With no Veterans at the ramp needing a boat, this veteran and my fishing buddy who is also a veteran headed over to the Strawberry side and limited up on the Kokanee.