Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Lost Creek Chubs

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing FLASY FISH LURES fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Lost Creek Chubs
I am interested in getting some smaller chubs to freeze for catfish bait. Never done it before. Lost Creek is closer to be than Starvation. Any info on chubs there, tactics, legality, etc? I have done some preliminary searches and essentially came away with, yes, there are chubs there, but that was about it.
Re: [HuntNFishUT] Lost Creek Chubs In reply to
Are there any chubs left in Starvation?

<{{{{{°>

Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion."
— Thomas Jefferson

"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits."
— Albert Einstein
Fat Biker and I fished it Saturday. We caught a ton of chubs 4-8" out from the boat ramp. We were dragging bottom bouncers and worm harnesses. Looked like good cat bait to me, so I kept and froze a couple dozen.
Re: [Fishrmn] Lost Creek Chubs In reply to
Fishrmn wrote:
Are there any chubs left in Starvation?

Nope

(This post was edited by TubeDude on Aug 10, 2017, 2:18 PM)
Re: [CVfisher] Lost Creek Chubs In reply to
CVfisher wrote:
Fat Biker and I fished it Saturday. We caught a ton of chubs 4-8" out from the boat ramp. We were dragging bottom bouncers and worm harnesses. Looked like good cat bait to me, so I kept and froze a couple dozen.

Was that at Starvation or Lost Creek? I am slightly confused; not a rare condition for me.
Re: [TubeDude] Lost Creek Chubs In reply to
I knew that. Just wondering if the OP meant Scofield.

<{{{{{°>

Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion."
— Thomas Jefferson

"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits."
— Albert Einstein
He was fishing Lost Creek.

“Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger.”
Franklin P. Jones
Re: [kentofnsl] Lost Creek Chubs In reply to
kentofnsl wrote:
He was fishing Lost Creek.

Thank you.
I was up at Lost Creek about a week ago and caught the first chub I have seen in a couple years. The slot limit they instituted seemed to thin them out quite a bit over the last few years.

That said, right at dark when we caught the chub there were schools of surfacing fish in the shallows just north of the boat dock by the peninsula. Perhaps the higher water this year is helping their cause??