Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Mill Meadow - Almost had the pond to...

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing FLASY FISH LURES fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Mill Meadow - Almost had the pond to ourselves
A friend and I fished Mill Meadow today from our tubes using fly gear. We launched at the boat ramp and fished the middle portion of the reservoir. We used both medium and fast sinking lines and size 8 bead head flies in black/copper, green/brown, and black/silver. We picked up a mix of splake, tigers, browns, and rainbows all under 16" long. The rainbows were in the best shape, the tigers and browns were really skinny.

The water temperature was 39-41 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 3' - 4'. The water level is right at the bottom of the boat ramp. You could still launch a small boat.

There were a couple of shore anglers that did not stay very long, and a few deer.

The weather was great, with not much wind and enough action to keep things interesting.
Re: [gofish435] Mill Meadow - Almost had the pond to ourselves In reply to
Thanks for the report and pics, we sure don't get many from that lake. I've never fished there either, is it a long drive from SLC?

BFT administrator and moderator
Re: [wiperhunter2] Mill Meadow - Almost had the pond to ourselves In reply to
Its just east of Fish lake.
Re: [fishalot13] Mill Meadow - Almost had the pond to ourselves In reply to
Oh, thats not where I thought it was, maybe I have been there, isn't that by Forsyth Res?

Re: [wiperhunter2] Mill Meadow - Almost had the pond to ourselves In reply to
wiperhunter2 wrote:

Oh, thats not where I thought it was, maybe I have been there, isn't that by Forsyth Res?

Yes, it is right below it.

“Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger.”
Franklin P. Jones
Re: [kentofnsl] Mill Meadow - Almost had the pond to ourselves In reply to
OK, well I guess I have been to it. I was thinking it was down by Kanab Ut. Thanks Kent.