Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otter Creek
I'm heading to Otter Creek with my boat for the first time this Friday and Saturday. Deer Creek has been good this Spring but I'm wanting to catch some of those bigger trout I hear Otter Creek has to offer. Does anyone have some good information as to where on Otter Creek and what seems to work?
Bait fishing? Trolling?

Stay in close to the bank. Fish are moving in the shallows.

Fish are healthy. I was there last Saturday...
[signature]
The water is started to get off color because of the East Fork-Sevier inflow. Water temperature is still cold. I would recommend Minersville. Clear water and bigger fish unless you offer bait. Minersville is artificials only.
[signature]
Otter was perfect clarity on Saturday and we done very well wading and fishing nymphs and leeches under an indicator. We were at the State Park. Could have changed in the last couple days with the storms and runoff. Big, beautiful 'bows though. I heard Minersville is the one with the stained water.
[signature]
Just come back from an awesome trip to Otter Creek. Fished most of the day Friday and till noon today. My buddy and I brought in 20-25 big fat rainbows 2 1/2 - 3 lbs. trolled 1.3 - 1.5 mph with Bates Ultra Light pop gear, 12" leader, 1/2 a night crawler tipped with a green maggot at 10 feet and 2nd pole near the top with a Pointer Rainbow minnow. I lost one (Huge) that broke my 6 lb leader so I bumped it up to 8 lb. Lost another simply because I got to excited an was horsing it in.
[signature]
Fun stuff!
[signature]