Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Bucket Biologists Article

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing Lockett Lures Outlet fishing
(Page 3 of 4)
> > > >
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [PBH] Bucket Biologists Article In reply to
Some of us here believe a guy can do something wrong, pay the penalty of the wrong doing and become a better and more educated person because of it so we tend to give someone a second chance to get it right and don't cast them into eternal damnation like some here seem to want.

The example you so dearly want HAS been made. Give it a rest will you? We all know the message. There is no need to twist everyone's words so you can keep pounding on this subject. You, W&B, and whom ever else can depise the guy all you want, just do it quitely, ok?

Re: [BearLakeMack] Bucket Biologists Article In reply to
I never said I despised the guy...I said I despise his actions and will continue to despise the actions of people who break the law and will do it loudly. I can't believe that he still believes he has done nothing wrong as his own words have suggested. I, too, believe that some people can do something wrong, pay the penalty, and become a better person because of it...but, has he? His own remarks clearly show that he believes he has done nothing wrong...I disagree. Has he learned his lesson? Or, does he simply not post the pictures the next time he moves live fish?
The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Re: [wormandbobber] Bucket Biologists Article In reply to
In Reply To:
I never said I despised the guy...I said I despise his actions
[/quote][/quote]

Duly noted.

Go reread his post. He did not say he did nothing wrong. He said " I didn't do anything wrong intentionally". There a big difference there. He never tries to say he was innocent. Give the guy a break. I think he's got things figured out.

In W&B's words:

"I can't believe that he still believes he has done nothing wrong as his own words have suggested" and "His own remarks clearly show that he believes he has done nothing wrong"

This is from the same paragraph in your last post. That's what everyone is tired of, especially me. This is the meaning of beating a dead horse. I know that leeches don't have eyes, so have someone read the paragraph that I wrote last night. here it is...

I didn't do anything wrong intentionally.

I admitted on this forum and to the DWR that I transported live fish ACCIDENTLY. I admitted that there were still live minnows in my aquarium, that my son put there. I have posted a picture of ONE minnow. I have stated that I had no bad intentions several times. I have a witness, I have evidence in my freezer that shows I freeze minnows for bait. I am a law abiding citizen that made a mistake and admitted it on this forum, to a DWR officer and today in court to a judge. Everyone has believed me but you and a few others. Everyone else has seen evidence of my intentions or knows me personally.

I hope that the next time you accidentally break the law, ie; Speeding, rolling through a stop sign, changing lanes w/o signalling etc. That you don't have a judge try to mete out the justice that you wish on me. Or have it published in a major newspaper. There was never a chance of those minnows ending up alive in another fishery whether you believe it or not. And I along with the majority of this forum could care less if you believe me. However next time you accidentally commit a moving violation, think about the consequences that could have on innocent families. That far outweighs any consequences that could happen from any fish in anyones aquarium.

Now with my admission of guilt, appearance in court, paying a fine,
and unjustly being portrayed as a criminal, and enemy to the state fisheries, privately and in the newspapers. Your point has been made, over and over and over again...Will you please get off your soapbox and go play in somebody elses playground, hopefully where you are welcome and someone likes you. I'm sure there are other leeches out there that would welcome you. Maybe Mike Bolton?

Slayerace

Re: [slayerace] Bucket Biologists Article In reply to
You didn't do anything wrong intentionally? Now that is a joke! You didn't intentionally place those fish in an aquarium and intentionally keep them alive? Now you are just lying again! You did intentionally break the law. The bad thing is that you are still fighting this fact. If you had no intention of breaking the law, why were the fish still alive when the CO arrived at your house?

And you call me a leech? The leech has long been used in medicine, although today its use is mainly limited to limb reattachment procedures instead of the wide-ranging medical use of the past. Leeches were once so commonly used that doctors were popularly called leeches. In Old High German, lÇhhi (etymon of leech) means "physician". My hopes is that the publicity and continued discussion of this topic will be of medicinal value to the threat posed by people who transport live fish...keep calling me a leech and i will keep "doctoring" your illegal actions.
The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

CoolBest example I have ever seen of "obsessive-compulsive" behavior.

Give it a rest.

BLM -- quite getting personal. Where did I ever mention despise?

You guys constantly blame me (and now W2U) for dragging these things out. Here's a suggestion:

If you want it to end, quit responding....

As long as someone (you, slayer, tuberdude, mstuberdude, or Tawanda included) keeps talking, I'm enjoying the discussion. If you don't like it, then don't participate. If no one participates, it'll die on it's own.

My intentions are not to beat up on Slayer. I'm pretty sure he's learned his lesson (or at least I hope so....). My intentions are simply to make anyone who might possibly make the same mistake aware of the ramifications. Our fisheries are too important to be screwed up by intentional, or unintentional illegal fish introductions.

I couldn't help it. It just popped in there.
Dr. Raymond Stantz

CoolAgreed, slayerace, there ARE too many leeches on this board (in more ways than one). While even if what you did was out of ignorance (i.e. not actually knowing that the minnows where there in your tank), it was still wrong, and you suffered the consequences. There's always TWO sides to every story, and it's nice to finally get yours. Good luck with the judge. It's too bad Prettyman is just another journalist and conveniently left out some important facts just to make his story sound that much more sensational to sell a few more papers.

Hope you get this little "incident" behind you and get out fishing soon. I'm sure you've learned plenty from this and you've already paid a big price from it. Hope you get out fishing soon!

Skunk happens when you fish with Mike!

BRING ON THE ICE, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

walleye

Nice, W&B! Got any FISHING REPORTS to share with us yet? We're still waiting!Crazy

Skunk happens when you fish with Mike!

BRING ON THE ICE, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

walleye

Re: [Out4Trout] Bucket Biologists Article In reply to
still waiting...why? I have posted numerous reports on this site. go back and check.

In fact, i ice fished on the Boulder Mountain (a legal lake) on friday and used minnows...but won't report on where. we caught a total of 19 fish with the biggest going around 23-24 inches.

But, because this is called the "General Discussion" forum, I choose mostly just to discuss fishing related issues.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

will this post ever freckin die !!!!!!!!!!! Please let it freckin die It is getting so stupid and redundent. This is not a pissing contest board.

Remember Only you can prevent the Geoff skunk!!!
Bad Juju Only comes from Geoff!!!
Wise man once said, Don't go fish with Geoff!
Just say no to Geoff

When religion Ruled the world. History calls that the dark ages. Will someone Please turn on the lights!!!!

Cool Predator and BLM I applaud your efforts, but I have to wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to take the bad apples out of the barrel before the rest rot. They've been removed before but like the Yuba minnows seem to unlock the zip lock bag, open the freezer and flip flop their way back into the aquarium. I have a hard time thinking any knowledge they contribute is worth the problems they also create. Tongue

I don't think some of the "leech" crowd as they have been called will let this thing die until they see Slayerace hanging from the nearest tree.

"There are those fish that operate within the bounds of the law and those that operate outside of it. These fish are Carp. For Carp the law is inadequate and they must be punished!!!" - The Carp Punisher

Re: [Carp_Punisher] Bucket Biologists Article In reply to
This will be my last post on this subject... I promise...

I am glad that W&B considers himself a physician. Dr. Kevorkian did too... However the leeches I have referred to are more often found on the under bellies of fish, not in an operating room.. They silently and secretly suck their victims blood. Those particular leeches cause more harm than good, and nobody likes them.

Ps. For all those interested, the judge believed me too. And in the interest of "justice" as he put it, reduced my fine substantially. So all of you who donated to my fine will be getting a refund...
But for all those concerned, I did learn my lesson and will not transport ANY live fish again. We should all make sure that no crayfish, catfish or frozen perchies make it into our coolers until they are legally dead...And please, please, be sure to remove and discard all non-medicinal leeches found in our fisheries...

Slayerace

A---------MEN

Your Fishing Webmasters Moderator

Utah Fishing Information - Get Info on Utah fish species and waters

Register for BigFishTackle - it's FREE and easy!

I am glad to hear you had your day in court. I am also glad you were given the chance to explain your side of the story. Sounds like you were treated with justice.

Just say no to Geoff

When religion Ruled the world. History calls that the dark ages. Will someone Please turn on the lights!!!!

"They silently and secretly suck their victims blood. Those particular leeches cause more harm than good, and nobody likes them."

Amen to that...all those blood-sucking-live-fish-transplanting-law- breaking-fishery-threatening-liars definitely cause much more harm than good...and nobody likes them.

Yeah...I bet the judge reduced your fine...kind of like the lie you put out there like when you called the DWR and they were aware of the situation and weren't going to do anything about the problem? Kind of like the lie that said that you had only one live fish and you promptly froze it? How many other lies are you going to throw around?

By the way, you should be glad the DWR didn't strap you with a fine for illegally growing aquatic vegetation in your aquarium as well...which is also breaking the law. do you know anything about eurasion milfoil?
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Dude growing live plants is not against the law. Get a clue I have alot of fish tanks at work and at home with live plants by the way. I also bought them at a pet store like petsmart, marks ark to name a few. Just because one plant is not legal to have doesn't make them all against the law. Thats like says all tropical fish are against the law due to the fact it is against the law to have live game fish. Or to keep a cuttthroat at 20 inches even thou it came from scolfeild.
Grow up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did I say get a life yet!!

Just say no to Geoff

In Reply To:
By the way, you should be glad the DWR didn't strap you with a fine for illegally growing aquatic vegetation in your aquarium as well...which is also breaking the law. do you know anything about eurasion milfoil?

Wormandbobber,
I've agreed with you on most of this entire topic. I agree that slayerace decieved the board, and even the judge. He intentionally put those live minnows in his aquarium. Even if he forgot to keep track of them, he knew they were alive when he put them in. If he thought that he had taken care of the problem by killing them, he still knowingly kept them alive for a time.

But as pointed out by others, you can go into almost any pet shop and buy upside down catfish. You can also buy several varieties of aquatic vegetation. You can buy several plants at local nuseries that will grow in backyard ponds. I admire your passion for keeping our fisheries safe from illegal transplants, but maybe you ought to go into a local PetsMart and look around. You'll see lots of plants that will grow in aquariums that won't grow in our local waters.

I'm not trying to change your mind about slayerace, but it is time to give it a rest.

And to the moderators;
Can we eliminate the posts that include name calling?

Fishrmn

Re: [Fishrmn] Bucket Biologists Article In reply to
bla bla bla SHUT UP AND GO FISH THIS IS SICKINING GROWN MEN ACTING LIKE LITTLE GIRL'S,WHO CARE'S IT'S OVER...........Mad

Why don't you girls go fishing or you are going to give my fish bowl of mystic minnows a hart-a-tack and they won't be able to predict.....SmileTongueCrazyPirate

Bassrods likes to fish for bass using Mojo lures and Weights, and Parasite Weights.
Practice CPR...Catch, Photograph and Release.
Utah state C&R record 23.5"
Tight lines....

In Reply To:
And to the moderators;
Can we eliminate the posts that include name calling?

[/quote]
In one simple word.....no. "We"? Who's "we"? I am not going to go through every post in this thread and delete those that have name calling. Even if I wanted to, its not that easy and fairly time consuming. Before I do that, I'll delete the whole thing in one mouse click. That's much easier.

BLM, you are sooooo lucky!Wink

Check out the BFT Utah fly fishing board!!
Utah Fly Fishing

Re: [HFT] Bucket Biologists Article In reply to
All in a day's play on BFT, James. Can you feel the love?

Then could you just ban Bob the Worm again? The worm has been nothing but truble since it signed on, throw it out.

Just as long as you don't remember were the "move" button is!Wink

This Ad by Google was at the top of this thread.
http://www.septal.com/...GD54ECFQ4TSwod3DzBng

Funny huh!

Check out the BFT Utah fly fishing board!!
Utah Fly Fishing
(This post was edited by HFT on Dec 5, 2005, 6:59 PM)

> > > >