Yar count me in this sounds like a ton of fun
------------------------------------------
IF THE GOOD DO NOTHING EVIL WILL PREVAIL

Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [wiperhunter2] Burbot bash, anyone interested? In reply to
Im in

Re: [utwalleye] Burbot bash, anyone interested? In reply to
Have you checked the Wy regulations regarding fishing contests? I'm all for a Burbot Bash, but once you start offering prizes the Wy. G & F might have a say in it.

I think this is a great idea. If possible I would like to attend gshorthair

hey wiper are you going to go were you and I ran into each other. because I am jonesing for ice so bad I cant stand it. In fact Im heading up there in a couple weeks and I think Im going to try from my boat. by the way count me in. and pm me if you need any help.

you cant have a contest on fg with out going throw the forest circius. sure is a lot of people for lost dog and the confluence i guess if you dont mind being elbow to elbow get r done .

Re: [Gorgefanatic] Burbot bash, anyone interested? In reply to
Since some questions have surfaced regarding this event, I did some research and found the following information that might be of interest to some of our participants. If there are still some unanswered questions, please feel free to ask away and I’ll see what I can do to track down an answer for you.

With regard to the number of poles that can be used while ice fishing, the Wyoming Regulations has this to say:

Quote:

SPECIAL WINTER ICE FISHING PROVISION

The following method restrictions apply for waters covered by the Special Winter Ice Fishing Provision.

• The use of more than two (2) lines is permitted only during the ice covered period, and only when the angler is fishing through the ice, on waters listed below as being included under the Special Winter Ice Fishing Provision.

• No person shall use more than six (6) lines at any time to fish.

• When using more than two (2) lines, each line shall bear no more than one (1) hook, artificial fly or lure; the angler’s name shall be attached to each line, pole or tip-up; the angler shall be no more than three hundred (300) yards from all lines; and, the angler shall check his/her own lines.

It would appear that this get together would not qualify as a fishing contest under Wyoming Regulations according to the Regulations description. As long as an entry/participation fee is not charged, it doesn’t appear to be a contest. As far as the number of fisher persons is concerned, again according to the Regulations, if a fee is not charged the number doesn’t matter. Here is what the Regulation says about a fishing contest:

Quote:

Fishing Contest

means any event for catching fish from waters open to public use where an entry or participation fee is charged and fifty (50) or more adult (18 years of age or older) anglers participate on a given date.

It still might be prudent to place a phone call to the F&G office and verify this to be 100% sure.

All ATV’s and snowmobiles used on Wyoming will require a Wyoming permit to be affixed to the vehicle. The ATV (ORV) permit will cost $15 and the snowmobile permit will cost $25. Both can be purchased online and are good for one year. The ORV permit expires December 31 of the year it is purchased and the snowmobile permit expires on June 30 following the purchase date. Both can be purchase at this website: https://www.usedirect.com/...spx[/#800000][/size]

Smile
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 71 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” - Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” - Dr. Seuss

Re: [fishley] Burbot bash, anyone interested? In reply to
Fishley: What does the Forest Service have to do with a fishing event? If you have a better Idea or location for the bash that early in the year, please let me know. I sent you a pm and got no response so I decided Lost Dog and the Confluence would be the best area. There should be enough room if folks spread out all the way to the cliffs on the opposite shore line.
Utwalleye:Yes. Utah did make it legal for us to use up to 6 poles while I fishing for burbot. That is a good reminder to everyone, you do need to buy a Wyoming stamp to fish in the area we will be at.
er-e-is: I have checked with the Wyoming game and fishing and we are ok because we are not charging a fee. We are mainly just giving stuff away. The only reason Im even saying there will be a largest burbot prize is because we have a limited number of some prizes like t-shirts. If this becomes a problem, I will figure out a way to give all the items away. I spoke with Robert Keith of the Green River fish and game, he is the regional fishery supervisor.
Thanks for everyones interest in this event, I am in the process of getting several new sponsors on board with this event and it is looking very good for everyone that decides to be there. Here is a picture of the T'shirts that will be given away.
image/jpeg burbotbash2.jpg (278 KB)

it is a federal lake which means every thing like that goes through the forest service not the wyoming game and fish . as far as a place to fish looks like you got it all set up thay are good spots but thay are geting hit hard and as sonn as there is 2'' of good ice thay will be getin hit even harder.just check with the forest circius before you get all set and start handing out prizes. good luck knock'em dead.

That is a very good looking T-shirt, very proper for the occassion.

I don't forsee any problem with access or space around Lost Dog/Confluence. There is a good distance, over 1 mile of petential cliff area there that could be great for burbot. I think the more people there the easier it will be to find the big "hotspots." This will not only be fun but educational I think. Basically, we will have pinpointed the best holes in that area.

"My moments of keenest satisfaction and most complete mental peace have been those when the grandeur of nature's artistry has cast its spell over me." - Clarence Mills

Re: [line_dangler] Burbot bash, anyone interested? In reply to
As long as you have covered all the bases, go for it. I just didn't want to see you get in trouble. Good Luck.

Re: [macscabin] Burbot bash, anyone interested? In reply to
SmileI'm interested. We fished it last year. We fished firehole and holmes crossing. I have'nt caught one yet but still trying.

Re: [magnaman] Burbot bash, anyone interested? In reply to
Curt,

I'll go too, just me know when.

IFG

Sounds like a good time. I'll be there with a couple of friends I'm sure.

I'm in. I've got all the gear but have never ice fished the gorge and may need some advice up there. But Count me in.

C'mon ice! Sounds like a blast! I'll be there, depending on the date. (The date I'm gonna have to take my bride on for leaving her home with the twins overnight!!)

Looks like fun, never fished for burbot and will plan on being there.

I'll be there. Thanks for getting the bash put together. Nice T-shirt, but you need to change the year to 2009.

How about the latest info for those who just noticed this at the top of board Blush without reading through all 68 posts? I'm interested in going as well as some friends of mine. They are not part of BFT but I can't imagine that's a problem, right?

WaveFishing.Com

Re: [hazmattr] Burbot bash, anyone interested? In reply to
hazmattr wrote:
Do you own a ice fishing hut? I cant imagine being out that late sitting with my bare butt on the ice. Or am I just a sissy. Dont answer that.

I have a small two man hut, and I usually put the propane heater in it. (catalytic, so you don't get carbon monoxide poisoning). If I go you can have a place in there.

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~John Buchan

Re: [RyanCreek] Burbot bash, anyone interested? In reply to
Thanks buddy we'll see when time gets closer. My nephew and my lady might want in. Time will tell.

That Mountain Dew commercial is a crock. Ain't no lightning strike in the kitchen.
www.myspace.com/hazmattr

Re: [fsh4fun05] Burbot bash, anyone interested? In reply to
When I first started this thread I was saying that only BFT members and their families were invited but I've changed my mind about that because so many of you want to bring friends and this is all about learning how to catch Burbot. Hopefully you and everyone else will be able to go back out there and catch them yourselves. But heres the deal, only BFT members will be getting the give-a-way stuff.

Hookngrinin- yes the date on the shirt will be changed, I noticed it also while making changes to the original design. The date I'm looking at for the Bash is Jan 10th.

Richyy31- Hopefully I can give everyone that shows up all the advice they will need to catch the Burbot but all I can do is show everyone what has worked for me, the rest is up to youWink.

IFG- looking forward to seeing you again Scott.
(This post was edited by wiperhunter2 on Dec 20, 2008, 6:25 PM)

Thanks WH2, hopefully I can make it. Where is this event going to take place at?

WaveFishing.Com

Sounds fun. We did it last year and had a ball.Cool

> > > >