Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Scofield DWR Netting

FLASY FISH LURES fishing
(Page 3 of 3)
> >
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [dubob] Scofield DWR Netting In reply to
https://youtu.be/pWdd6_ZxX8c
and feel free to think i forgot a winky bobber emoji or recalibrate yur sarcasm meter
or belive everything you read on the interwebs true
and/or continue to hate those who are not like you
23 years residing here has enlightened me to such
"I find i have had my reward
in the doing of the thing"
-Buzz Holmstrom
Re: [fishskibum] Scofield DWR Netting In reply to
Seems like you have thick skin. Good deal. Some folks just don't tolerate diversity well. If you don't run down their set of tracks you don't rate.

You already know you operate on a different level than most on this board. And when you are different you will have both followers and haters. When you go to play on a new playground there will always be kids who gotta try to put you in your place and bully you. But they can't unless you let 'em.

I gotta chuckle when I read your rhetoric. So far you have gotten away with a few "subtle" terms and references that seem to have sailed right over the heads of the moderators. Not all of us have large vocabularies...nor are we "cunning linguists". Loved that one.

Re: [TubeDude] Scofield DWR Netting In reply to
TubeDude wrote:
So far you have gotten away with a few "subtle" terms and references that seem to have sailed right over the heads of the moderators.
I noticed them as well but since I don't moderate on this board, I left them to the mods to edit, I guess they chose not to take action, although Craig did make comments. Things will be changing soon and edits will happen at that point but until then, it is what it is. I agree with your comments about fishskibum but some members are just not as tolerate as others, without a doubt we are all different and that is not always a bad thing.

BFT administrator and moderator

(This post was edited by wiperhunter2 on Oct 31, 2019, 7:59 AM)
Re: [wiperhunter2] Scofield DWR Netting In reply to
I can think of no other medium where I am free to ignore, simply not read or differ when I choose to engage.
All the talk of decoder rings should remind us older members that we don't all deliver our thoughts or experiences on Paper equally. Some may write with a flare or style or lack Thereof, These traits are associated with the author, SImply Don't Read his work if it is too distracting for you. Others may actually enjoy the decipher challenge.
Re: [Dog-lover] Scofield DWR Netting In reply to
You hit the nail on the head Mike.

BFT administrator and moderator

Re: [wiperhunter2] Scofield DWR Netting In reply to
Thanks. I made my last post in order to let everyone know that we moderators are on the job.

Fishskibum: If you've kept track you will remember I was one of your earliest defenders, so don't count me your enemy. I love playing the devil's advocate, don't you? Cool I just ask you to avoid anything that verges on rude, lewd, or crude, if you catch my drift. Carry on.

TD: I may have missed one but I catch most everything. As I'm sure you know, ignoring something and making no comment is sometimes best.

All: As far as I know not one word has been deleted or changed. Jeff, I, et al, are aware and watching. By definition, moderators are people who "get in the middle" not unlike referees or umpires. We try to make sure that no one throws a low blow or spits on anyone, or bites an ear off. And like umps we sometimes get booed and disagreed with. But I'm telling you, it's a pretty boring job--just not much to do. (Plus I get to read a lot of things I'm just not much interested in, though I do learn a lot.) For me, I'm pretty liberal and tolerant--no harm, no foul. I just don't tolerate people being mean and hurting others.

Also, I feel about this issue like I say to people who move to Utah and start whining and complaining about the culture, etc.: Nobody made you come here; you can leave if you want, but deal with it.

Vive la difference, or however those Frenchies express it.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
((> ~ ~ }<((((> ~~ }<(((((> ~ ~ }<((((> ~ ~ }<((((>
~~~}<(((((((((< ><=;> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ }<((((>

"Blessings upon all that hate contention, and love quietness, and virtue, and Angling." - Izaak Walton
Re: [catchinon] Scofield DWR Netting In reply to
catchinon wrote:

TD: I may have missed one but I catch most everything.

How can one ever be sure?

"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago."
- Zane Grey
Re: [kentofnsl] Scofield DWR Netting In reply to
I know, right? I grew up near Mesa Verde National Park. One tourist asked a Ranger "How many undiscovered ruins are there in the Park." Things that make you say "hmmm."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
((> ~ ~ }<((((> ~~ }<(((((> ~ ~ }<((((> ~ ~ }<((((>
~~~}<(((((((((< ><=;> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ }<((((>

"Blessings upon all that hate contention, and love quietness, and virtue, and Angling." - Izaak Walton
Re: [catchinon] Scofield DWR Netting In reply to
as one of them blue crew liberal treehuggin do good lefties but not a whiner
ive heard that native esque quote before
a lot
and im not quite sure the peoples whose land and culture got #manifestdestinyed and replaced by anothers had such options or anyone listened if they said it
Sure isn't going to work well as a tourism mentality either
shouldn't we be encouraging people to enjoy our pretty damn good outdoor recreation opportunities, world class national parks, and growing art and musical cultural scene and food and beverage diversities?
seems like there'd be some opportunity for gainful employment maybe some potential financial gains to be had
Being able to showcase our home in games of the XIX Olympiad hosts didn't happen with a if ya don't like it leave attitude did it now?
whether you put that in the W column I don't care
I do
and im putting the loss of OR in the L one
that kinda money matters
Cultures changing
has been since I got here whether you want to get out of the new road or help lend a hand
its happening and will continue reguardless
Diversity is a blessing
as to my destiny to migration from the IL
you can blame Mr Miller (sip) Warren
and a few simple words
"If you don't do it next year
Youll only be a year older when you do"
"I find i have had my reward
in the doing of the thing"
-Buzz Holmstrom
> >