Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Starvation - The ice is gone

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing FLASY FISH LURES fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Starvation - The ice is gone
After getting intel from fellow BFTer's I decided to drive over and fish Starvation today from my tube. I couldn't see any ice either way from the bridge and there wasn't any in Rabbit Gulch where I fished. I fished from 8:30 until 3:00 when I got tired of the wind. It was nice and calm until about 1:00 and then the wind started to kick up.

I used a slow sinking (#2) line in the morning and fished in 8' - 12' FOW using a size 8 bead head soft hackle fly. Afternoon I fished in 20' - 30' FOW and used a fast Sink (#8) using one of TubeDudes patterns, the Green Meanie. I managed to pick up a couple of browns, one 14" and one 19" and skinny. The balance of the fish were rainbows from 15" to 20". The water temperature was 39-42 degrees and the visibility in the water was about 5' - 6'. The reservoir level is 72% and dropping. It's as low as I have seen it this time of year but the upside is the fish are concentrated.Wink

There were a few boats out and a handful of shore anglers and everyone seemed to be catching at least some fish.

It's always fun to fish Starvation, your never quite sure what you're going to catch.Smile
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [gofish435] Starvation - The ice is gone In reply to
The Nice 'bows! Weird about those brownies, all the ones I catch in there can't eat right either.
Just one more brookie........