Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Starvation

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing FLASY FISH LURES fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Starvation
Just got back from first time at Starvation lake, I caught one fish a small mouth bass this was the first fish I caught since I bought my boat about a month ago so I'm clearly a poor fisherman but I still am enjoying learning and being on the lake.
We really enjoyed the lake it is quite scenic so far we have been on Deer creek and Strawberry, Starvation is our favorite so far.
Re: [Phishinphil33] Starvation In reply to
Keep at it. I thought I was bad "A"a few years ago after I got my boat after 3 times at strawberry getting skunked I resurched a lot now I joke with my kids I go catching not fishing. But I still need a lot of work. And time.
If I could give you one line of advice, it would be to "slow down". Boats are fast, even when they are going slow.
Notice that the guy that catches the most fish on this website fishes from a tube. Doesn't cover all that much ground, but the ground covered has been fished...completely.
Re: [Troll] Starvation In reply to
That is so, so true. Whenever I'm out in somebody else's boat and we zoom from place to place, I always wonder to myself "How many fish did we just fly past?"

On the other hand, you can't catch 'em where they ain't. If you covered an area thoroughly and got nothing, move to different kind of water.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Rather than going parallel to shore I like going towards and away from it changing depths more rapidly to locate fish. Fish see a lot of lures running parallel to shore but sometimes different triggers a strike.
Keep in mind that different type of fishing will be at different speeds and depths. Just be willing to make adjustments, to find the fish, more line less, slower, faster, etc. Sometimes it is just a change in color.
Just keep at it !
Also keep an eye on what the other boats are doing. If they are catching on a regular basis then you have an idea of what kind of structure or where there are active fish to chase.

Next is to learn what types of conditions the fish that you are chasing likes. With recent reports of walleye being found at certain depths doesn't mean that every part of the lake will have fish. Find the structure that they prefer at that depth and your chances have improved significantly.
=======================================

Light travels faster than sound.

So some people seem really bright until you hear them talk.
Re: [a_bow_nut] Starvation In reply to
Thanks for all the advice!
Perhaps Someone could tell Phishinphill (and me) where on Starvation is hot right now...
I would like to try out my new fly rod. thanks Smile
Re: [humpy] Starvation In reply to
I was at Starvation yesterday, type five and white minnow patterns worked for walleye but nothing worked for the bass.