Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Starvation suggestions

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing FLASY FISH LURES fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Starvation suggestions
Headed to starvation for the first time on Saturday was planning on kayaking rabbit gulch and hoping someone could give some pointers.
Re: [kyleval19] Starvation suggestions In reply to
Love that lake...and "Bunny Gulch" is about my fave place to launch and fish. Lots of options in terms of bottom conditions, depths, structure and species.

This has been a wacko year. The lake was full and spilling early. Then they dropped it a lot to make room for heavy anticipated runoff. It is filling again but the water temps are still colder than usual.

Fishing for rainbows (Starvation steelhead) has been picking up...with a few browns too. Will you be fishing flies, plastics or hardware? For what species?

Perch and walleye are still deeper and slow fishing in the cold water. They pick up after about the first of June most years. Ditto for smallmouths.

I am attaching a writeup on that spot. Hope it helps. Good luck and be sure to post a report.

application/pdf BUNNY GULCH.pdf (1.45 MB)
Re: [TubeDude] Starvation suggestions In reply to
I'm taking a few people that don't fish often so I was going to just try and get into some fish and hopefully show them a good time. I may drop a jig or worm harness in attempt for a walleye but I'm not picky.
Re: [kyleval19] Starvation suggestions In reply to
Take some "Power Putty"...bottle baits...and soak them wherever there is a fast dropoff into deeper water. Not sure what the current water level is but if you can get your guests out onto that little peninsula off the launch area it is a good place to soak baits or pitch spinners for trout. Otherwise, you might have to look a bit.