Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

The Witching hour at Provo

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing FLASY FISH LURES fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
The Witching hour at Provo
Decided to take the wife to Provo boat harbor for night fishing to end mother's day. The evening wind was blowing as we got there. First fish was a female white bass then the wife caught a crappie. Then I caught a mud cat all in the same spot. As people left we decided to move into the harbor further. Then it began we cut the white bass up and threaded our hooks into the pieces. My wife landed the first channel for the season and the second soon after. Then I caught one to add to the stringer. Then 3 am happened. The fish had slowed down and I was contemplating on leaving and no sooner than I look over my pole becomes a kite and I catch the javelin of a Fenwick and quantum and fish on. A gold digger of a female cat who fancied the white bass caviar. Ended up being 25 inches but what a fight on a medium light.
Re: [Lipnrip] The Witching hour at Provo In reply to
Thanks for the report. Sounds like an exciting finish to the night!
Re: [Lipnrip] The Witching hour at Provo In reply to
Nice work! It sounds like a good time was had by all, except maybe the fish. It makes me with I had more "evenings" availableTongue

Were the bugs a problem for you? I didn't see them in your pictures.
Re: [Piscophilic] The Witching hour at Provo In reply to
The midges were out but not too bad and no mosquitoes yet. I think the midges took shelter in my car.