Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Willard - 6/24

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing Lockett Lures Outlet fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Willard - 6/24
Fished Willard by myself this evening. Boat was in the water by 7 PM and off at 10 PM. Caught 3 Wipers - kept 2 as the first one was about 7" long - and 2 Walleye. All the Wipers came on flatlined Rat-L-Traps and the Walleye came on deep diving plugs in white/clear color. I did not touch a fish until the sun set and all 5 came within about 45 minutes. The wind was not bad and the bugs were non-existent which was a nice surprise. Troll speed was about 3.5. Not a bad evening.

--------------------
Wood Shampoo
(This post was edited by Wood_Shampoo on Jun 24, 2012, 10:52 PM)

Re: [Wood_Shampoo] Willard - 6/24 In reply to
Nice take and thanks for the detailed post. Did the eyes take it that fast? Good report. Thanks J

Re: [SkunkedAgain] Willard - 6/24 In reply to
Yes - the Walleye were caught at the same speed as the Wipers - surprised the heck out of me. I thought the first one might have been a fluke but then about 5 minutes later I caught the second one.

--------------------
Wood Shampoo

Re: [Wood_Shampoo] Willard - 6/24 In reply to
Good deal they might be easier to hook at a faster speed they have to commit instead of just nibbling the tail. Good job. Later J

Re: [SkunkedAgain] Willard - 6/24 In reply to
We got three eyes, two cats, and a wiper on Sunday. All early in the morning. Stayed out till 1 and gave up.

Re: [Hornet] Willard - 6/24 In reply to
Not bad it was worth the trip. I hope to be back on the Bay again soon. Hope I make it before the bite is over. Later J