Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

fish lake for 2 days..

Kokanee Fishing Tackle
fishing FLASY FISH LURES fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
fish lake for 2 days..
wow a tuff 2 day's at fish lake. first day we miss 2 really good hit's right out by the lodge and then another right in front of twin creeks we got hit again and did not stick.. then a long day trolling with some rainbow's hitting the smaller 6 inch rainbow bait's.. then right before sundown dave picked up a really nice pup mac about 8 to 10 lbs it got tangled in the other pole and we could see what it was but it pulled free before we could net it.. next day seemed like it was going good tell we got to the boat and it was iced up and was really cold and then a wind came up just as we were headed out the harbor.. well seen lot's of fish every where but not hook up's.. even the rainbows did not want to hit so around 1:30 some really dark clouds started up and the wind was getting nasty i'm like ok lets go i think it's getting as bad as we want it.. but no dave jumps up grabs his pole fish on.. and its a good one.. so stop the motor jump up clear the rod's and down riggers and let him fight it in.. got the last part on video.. a nice 13.10 lake trout on the 6 inch rainbow.. it had 3 pup's this trip.. then i said ok let's troll a bit more and then go.. yeah right lol got into the next turn after letting out my rod starts going off. pulled in a 14.20 mac.. so now 2 bigger fish in 20 min's.. so the storm is letting up some and we say ok let's try this some more.. so we fished tell around 3:30 all the fish we were seeing were gone and no more hits so packed up and home.. got video of mine but need to edit it a little the fish tryed to hook me so i might have said some bad words so i'll check first.. lol

Ron

artificial intelligence is no mach for my natural stupidity

He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at.
image/jpeg IMG_1755[1].JPG (31.3 KB)
image/jpeg IMG_1754[1].JPG (2.22 MB)
Re: [fuzzyfisher] fish lake for 2 days.. In reply to
Nice report! Looks like there's a bigger fish in the lake that likes to eat the tails off of 14 pounders!

Mike
Great report! Made me laugh. Nice fish.
Nice fish Fuzzy. Good to see there are a few good ones left in that lake.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."...Anonymous
Re: [Majja] fish lake for 2 days.. In reply to
Majja wrote:
Nice fish Fuzzy. Good to see there are a few good ones left in that lake.

I don't know if fuzzy kept or released those fish. Personally, it doesn't matter to me. I understand that fishery and know it isn't going to hurt the fishery if he kept them.

That first picture is a picture of a dead fish.

Lot's of nice fish being caught out of Fish Lake so far this year (since ice-on). Even some really nice splake (10lbs) being caught this year. It sure seems like something is going right up there...

I couldn't help it. It just popped in there.
Dr. Raymond Stantz

Re: [PBH] fish lake for 2 days.. In reply to
PBH did you have vinegar for breakfast ? .. almost all your posts are somewhat costic. I am sure you know , you catch more flies with honey than vinegar . Like you say /just saying /.
Re: [cdbrc] fish lake for 2 days.. In reply to
That's just his nature.
=======================================

Light travels faster than sound.

So some people seem really bright until you hear them talk.
well the fish was not dead when the pic was taken but that one did go home with dave he wanted to try it.. he said it was very good! most we let go but some of the smaller ones go home. and that one rolled the lure up in it's gills after it was in the net so was bleeding a lot.. Unsure there is plenty of that size lakers up there! Sly

Ron

cdbrc wrote:
PBH did you have vinegar for breakfast ?

No. I didn't. Granola bar, actually. Yuppy stuff. Had some honey in it.

I was just pointing out to another reply that mentioned it was good to see some good fish left in the lake. I should have said that there always have been...

I also pointed out that I didn't care one way or another -- I have no problem with Fuzzball, or anyone else keeping those nice lake trout from Fish Lake. In fact, I think it's great that they kept that fishing recognizing that it was dead (bleeding from the gills).

It might have been technically "alive" for the picture, but it was "technically" dead in the picture!

I kept the one I caught this winter. It tasted great too. I really enjoyed it.

Take my posts as negative if you want. No skin of my back.

FWIW -- vinegar is great for those of you who suffer from cramps. It might not be the best solution, because your diet is obviously suffering, but I guess for some people drinking vinegar is a good solution.

Dr. Raymond Stantz

I haven't fished fish lake since last fall but I would think that the Kokanee are making a better forage base for the Lakers and Splake. From what I saw before the Kokanee were added I was convinced that Rainbow trout made up the bulk of the large preditor diet in the lake. I'm curious to see how big the Kokanee got over the winter too.

Re: [Northman] fish lake for 2 days.. In reply to
Northman wrote:

From what I saw before the Kokanee were added I was convinced that Rainbow trout made up the bulk of the large preditor diet in the lake.

It's not just what you saw. All evidence collected from biologists for the past 20 years (or more) prove this. It isn't a theory. It's fact. The lake trout in Fish Lake that are over 25" feed almost exclusively on rainbow trout. This is one of the primary reasons the kokanee discussions came up.

I too think the kokanee are already helping our lake trout and splake in Fish Lake.

As for kokanee size -- I wouldn't expect them to get very big.

Dr. Raymond Stantz

i know it sounds strange that i agree with you.. but i have seen some very nice splake, rainbow's, and i think the big lake trout of the year so far there this year.. and i must say i have been enjoying fish lake more then i have in a while.. even the bow's we have been catching on 3 to 6 inch minnow crank's have been big and fat! i'm thinking removing the perch has done more for the over all health of the lake but the salmon can't hurt ether.

Ron

(This post was edited by fuzzyfisher on May 16, 2017, 1:07 PM)
Wow nice fish