Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kemmerer
Just wondering if anyone knows if the ice is off Kemmerer Reservoir? Also Viva Naughton? Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Naughton was still frozen over with unsafe ice last week.

It's been cold at night. It was 20 degrees this morning with a high of 45 the past few days.

I imagine this weekend or the next will be the time.
[signature]
city res in 50% iced off, mostly the inlet side due to runoff.
viva has people ice fishing still
[signature]
Anybody know how the Ham's Fork is fishing? I haven't been out there in a few years.
[signature]
i was there two weeks ago and flows were insane
[signature]
Water flows are high and it is off color. I imagine a few nymphs should be the ticket. If Bobber fishing is your thing. Egg patterns were working a few weeks ago.

Swinging streamers may also be an option especially if you can get a nice slow swing through pockets of fast water transitioning to slow water.

Stripping minnow patterns through pockets where fish hang out will also be a productive method.
[signature]
Thanks guys for the info. I'm going to try to get out there in the next few weeks. I will post a report if I get out.
[signature]
Good luck, that river looks like chocolate milk and it's running high and fast.
[signature]
The ice is just starting to come off of Naughton. Now would be the time to cast flies on the ice and drop them into the water for some bruisers.
[signature]
Thanks for that generous info!
[signature]
The Ham's coming out of Naughton is very high and coming out of Kemmerer reservoir is extremely high. A few more feet and the water will be coming over the dam in Kemmerer. The run off hasn't ever begun yet. If you plan on wading the river, bring a life jacket.

The southern portion of the lake is highway open and I gave it a go today for around 30 minutes. The wind was howling and the snow was coming down. I only changed flies twice, because I boneheadly left the gloves at home.

Be careful accessing the lake, because they is a bit of snow on the banks.
[signature]
Sounds like a summer of stillwater fishing, I don't think we'll be on the rivers until fall.
[signature]
I was only interested in the lakes. Thanks!
[signature]