Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Vermont Fishing Forum : Vermont Fishing General >

BLACK RIVER! ANYBODY FISH IT???...

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
BLACK RIVER! ANYBODY FISH IT??? LUDLOW VT??
SmileMY SON CLIFF WENT AND CAUGHT A BEAUTIFUL RAINBOW THIS LAST SUNDAY. 25AND 3/4 INCHES. HE ALMOST FELL IN THE DRINK GITTIN IT OUT. HAHA 5 and 3/4 lber. rivers still runnin fast too. he suresaid he had fun! laterSmileWink

Re: [patches] BLACK RIVER! ANYBODY FISH IT??? LUDLOW VT?? In reply to
thanks for the fishing report...

sounds like a pretty good dinner.

do you skillet fry them or do you bake them?

Dave
Your Message Board Administrator

Wage war on natural desasters, not humans !

Re: [davetclown] BLACK RIVER! ANYBODY FISH IT??? LUDLOW VT?? In reply to
guss were stuffin it! haha gittin stuffed to hang on the wall! haha thanks dave,. guess there aint too many vermonters around huh??? haha oh well. i know some come up thru fishin the black river. theres some good deep holes in there and thats where cliff got him. thethey also take the kayaks down it in spring too. wish i could git to some of them holes. haha straight down. i use to, and would catch some good ones out of there but not like cliffs.ahha the horn pout i caught the other nite i fried him up like my trout, in just little vegatable oil took the skin off then made a chowder yesterday wuith him.made aklot and jack liked hole lot. says i know how to mke a chowder alrught. haha cliff isnt gonna git his fish back fer at least 6 months, thats somethin! huh? well catch ya later, how,s your fishin goin?? hey gittin some good strawberry rhubarb goin. its not like regular rhubarb thats just green, it has red and green in it. much better! its from a plant we had down to the fairground house, before we built the house. it,s over 34 years old.ahha aint that cool?? so they call it strawberry rhubarb. i dug some up from that main plant, and the roots on it was over 3 inches around. haha aint that cool! it,s growin in the pot now. if i cant grow nothin else, i sure can do rhurbarb ahha laterSmilegonna make jack a pie with it this comin week. need ot grow just little more. can,t wait. makes good sauses fer ice cream too. ya dont have to use so much sugar with this kind either. ya got some where you are??? Smile

well while i,m at it, i know some the downcountries like comin up fishin over at echo, amherst and plymouth lakes in plymouth vermont,, there,s 3. in a row there. believe the waters still high, but when i use to fish the lakes, and it was high it was pretty good. we,re havin quite a bit of rain, one day nice near 70,s then it will rain fer the next 2. and showers,. but as i was sayin, the trout seem to come in in this high water and not too fer out castin wise. what i,d do is do different strokes, throw out fer seeif they were there, then bring it in, and do it again till i found em. but generally it was bout 9ft out. dependin on how deep it is. its been sketchy, sometimes jumpin on top fer the may flies and skeeters, then goin back down and eatin on the bottom and have done well with nightcrawlers. and we also use to use those pulaotski salmon eggs, fer the rainbow. the red small salmon eggs. use to catch some good ones.come in a green topped bolttle. if ya dont know what i mean. i imagine all that stuff will work, but those worked good fer me.

the water in kennedys pond which they call MILL POND, NOW, NOW THAT WE,RE GITTIN SOPHISTICATED, HAHA, whooptidoo! haha it will aways be kennedys to me. is still high, were catchin good size perch, pout, and i almost had a BIG BASS! LARGEMOUTH YESTERDAY. he got off fer i got him in, but saw him. we cant keep em yet anyways. not till the second weekend in june. so member that guys. if your comin fer bass. small and largemouth. probably where you are too. right?? anyways have fun we,re gonna git our new hamphshire licence this weekend. so,s when we go on the motrcycle we can fish too. later daveSmileWinkguess that covers a couple fer ya. later oh brooks ar still up, mine anyways, that would be the brownsville brook which runs from mill pond out thru 44, to brownsville readin, and out to the black river, and stoughton pond. all connected, but the trout right at this moment are not runnin my brook yet, beklieve it is this stupid weather we been havin. cause generally there runnin the second week of openin fishin. i am surprized. cause i know that brook like the back of my hand. now i,m done. later Smile

If you just keep posting your fishing reports here, they will come.....Cool

Dave
Your Message Board Administrator

Wage war on natural desasters, not humans !

Re: [davetclown] BLACK RIVER! ANYBODY FISH IT??? LUDLOW VT?? In reply to
LaughLaughhaha ya think?? Coolhey can i use your frog?? haha then they might too! ahha ;ater thanks dave, haha