Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Washington Fishing Forum : Washington Fishing General >

BARBLESS HOOK RULE ENACTED IN PUGET...

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
BARBLESS HOOK RULE ENACTED IN PUGET SOUND
BARBLESS HOOK RULE ENACTED IN PUGET SOUND
The Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission has banned barbed hooks in marine waters from the Sekiu River through Puget Sound and Hood Canal.

The only exception is for anglers who are jigging for "forage" fish such as herring and anchovies.

Barbless hooks have long been the rule for salmon fishing in Washington's marine waters, but now this rule also applies to halibut and other bottomfish. For more information, visit: www.wa.gov/wdfw/.

Re: BARBLESS HOOK RULE ENACTED IN PUGET SOUND In reply to
Another wonderfully stupid thing washington state has done. now more people will let fish swallow bait to land them. This rule just equals more dead fish! and less money for the sport fishing industry. Be careful this idiocracy is spreading like wildfire through our country.

I'm not calling this a hoax but there's nothing there at the f&w website about it. Please post a link to the story or at least cut & paste the story to the board...

Anyways it's just too stupid to believe, but ya never know in the land of king county.

Doah its true right there under saltwater hook rules on page 8 of the 02 sport fishing rules booklet.

Guess i better release those lings caught 4 months ago...

Does a herring chunk casted out really stay on a barbless hook after sinking to the bottom? anyone know? Ahhhh the crabs will be happy.

at least when ya take the kids rockfishing but all the fish get off you can use it as an opportunity to explain all the eco-stupidity imposed on us by eco-freaks who have never even seen a fish outside an aquarium and believe fish have the same rights as people do.

that's it, i'm moving to astoria or garibaldi.

Re: [Guest] BARBLESS HOOK RULE ENACTED IN PUGET SOUND In reply to
What difference does it make if you use barbless hooks or not. I wouldn't eat any of these fish in Washington waters anyway. These waters have been proven to be the most polluted in the nation, and that's fact.I sold my house and am moving out of this state for sure. Not to mention the second highest taxed state in the nation. A friend told me if your a sportsmen, "don't move to Washington." Good-bye
Re: [Guest] BARBLESS HOOK RULE ENACTED IN PUGET SOUND In reply to
 Hi , lonehunter here ,

I see it's been a while since you have been to the BigFishTackle boards . With the spring runs about to begin I thought this would be the perfect time to get you reaquanted with the boards and into the free contests here . We not only have the weekly tackle give -a -way for members but we also have the 16 species contest and the product testers wanted board as well . if you need any help at all stop by the michigan board and give me a shout , i'll be right on it .

Thanks !

your fishing pal , lonehunter

Nature is better with butter .