Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Washington Fishing Forum : Washington Fishing General >

Places to fish in washington near...

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Places to fish in washington near Spokane
I will be frequenting Spokane for the forceeable future atleast 2 days a month. I am interested in fishing in my off time. I won't be able to go further than about 10 miles from the airport. Any suggestions? Anybody live in the area i can look up when i am in town? Thanks for any help.
Also, i will be commuting to Coeur' d' lane. Any good areas over there?

ROR!!!
What a joke!

Re: [lunkerhunter2] Places to fish in washington near Spokane In reply to
I think the river would be your best bet, plenty of easy access spots, not to far from airport. Fishing may not be great, but I always managed a nice trout here and there. The river also goes from Spokane to Coeur' d' lane and has a paved bike path on most of it I believe.
There's plenty of lakes, but I always had a boat, so not sure about bank access.

Team Quill
teethraplreiW
Re: [EZOP] Places to fish in washington near Spokane In reply to
Thanks for the help. I think i am going to buy and ID and WA license. Too many places to fish in both states and too many fish to catch no to.Cool

ROR!!!
What a joke!

Re: [lunkerhunter2] Places to fish in washington near Spokane In reply to
Too bad you are staying w/ 10 miles from the airport. LOTS of lakes w/i an hour to an hour 30 minutes north.
Eloika lake is a year round lake about 20 minutes north on highway 2. Sasheen is about 15 minutes north of that and Diamond lake about 10 minutes north of Sasheen. I do not know about the seasons for the other two.
Likewise, 25 minutes north on hwy 395 is loon lake, then Deer Lake and finally Jump of Joe lake. Loon to Jump off Joe is maybe 15 minutes. Each has great public boat access. Not sure of seasons.

Long Lake is a good fishing lake and it is year round. Access might be a hassle from the south side. You would need to check that.

There is a small lake in the west plains area, but, I think it is private so if you made friends w/ some there?
Re: [compactfishing] Places to fish in washington near Spokane In reply to
I think you nailed just about all of them. Idaho has twin lakes and we also have Columbia not to far away (porcupine bay, forst spokane).

compactfishing wrote:
Too bad you are staying w/ 10 miles from the airport. LOTS of lakes w/i an hour to an hour 30 minutes north.
Eloika lake is a year round lake about 20 minutes north on highway 2. Sasheen is about 15 minutes north of that and Diamond lake about 10 minutes north of Sasheen. I do not know about the seasons for the other two.
Likewise, 25 minutes north on hwy 395 is loon lake, then Deer Lake and finally Jump of Joe lake. Loon to Jump off Joe is maybe 15 minutes. Each has great public boat access. Not sure of seasons.

Long Lake is a good fishing lake and it is year round. Access might be a hassle from the south side. You would need to check that.

There is a small lake in the west plains area, but, I think it is private so if you made friends w/ some there?