Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Washington Fishing Forum : Washington Fishing General >

WASHINGTON, OREGON TO DECIDE ON SPRING ...

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
WASHINGTON, OREGON TO DECIDE ON SPRING CHINOOK
WASHINGTON, OREGON TO DECIDE ON SPRING CHINOOK
Fisheries managers have begun to discuss how next spring's chinook salmon harvest on the Columbia and Willamette rivers will be divided between recreational and commercial anglers.

Among the topics to be decided, sport fishermen have asked that commercial fishermen not be allowed on the water during the peak of the salmon run in late March and April. Both sport and recreational harvest will likely focus on hatchery fish, which are distinguished by a clipped adipose fin.

Washington and Oregon officials plan to make chinook harvest decisions by mid-December. For more information, visit: www.wa.gov/wdfw or www.dfw.state.or.us.

Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [Guest] WASHINGTON, OREGON TO DECIDE ON SPRING CHINOOK In reply to
 Hi , lonehunter here ,

I see it's been a while since you have been to the BigFishTackle boards . With the spring runs about to begin I thought this would be the perfect time to get you reaquanted with the boards and into the free contests here . We not only have the weekly tackle give -a -way for members but we also have the 16 species contest and the product testers wanted board as well . if you need any help at all stop by the michigan board and give me a shout , i'll be right on it .

Thanks !

your fishing pal , lonehunter

Nature is better with butter .