Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > West Virginia Fishing Forum : West Virginia Fishing General >

Fishing in Davis, WV

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Fishing in Davis, WV
Hello all-
I am an avid saltwater striper fisherman from MA, but my family is from Elkview, WV. I Love wild and wonderful WV! I've stayed at Blackwater Falls and never really thought about fishing the area until my grandfather showed me the surrounding areas. Looked like some beautiful trout waters. I will be coming back next October and was wondering if I am correct in assuming there is decent trout fishing nearby? Not looking for anyone's spots, just would like to know if I have a shot at some fish that area at that time of year. If it matters, I would like to fish roostertails and spoons. I'm not a fly-fisherman. Thank you all for your help!
Rob

Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [rckhpr50] Fishing in Davis, WV In reply to
Rooster Tails are the way to go in those waters, be carefull around the rappids, "dont fall in"

yes rob, they do plant trout in the area, you will also have fun with the smallies too.

take small to medium size rooster tails and maybe some mephs black furyies the same size. I like the yellow rooster tails, but it never hurts to have a few different colors just in case.

Dave
Your Message Board Administrator

Wage war on natural desasters, not humans !