Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do fish really hit jigs?
Do they think it's bait?Reaction?I am reading Pro-cures ad about putting bait butter on jigs but if it's reactionary I wouldn't think bait butter would make a difference. A lot of the jigs don't even swim they wobble or fludder so it has to be reactionary but then the bass bite the plastics better than iron and the plastics swim like baitl.Then on the slide you could drop an iron or plastics and it's even odds.they both could get hit.Then there's the color issue.If it's reactionary why not use bright orange or neon colors?Instead lots of blues and whites.So what's a blue and white jig suppose to resemble or does it not resemble anything.I was thinking mackeral or maybe squid.Then there's the scrambled egg.I've never seen yellow baits but the yellowtail like it.The green plastics work for me and I always select greenback chovies or dines.<br><br>There are many more agruements.<br><br>Rectionary or the fish thinks it a small bait ball or baits?<br><br><br><br>
First ya gotta catch their Interest…<br>Then trigger their feeding, territory, curiosity or aggressive instincts…<br><br>As for color & smell, that comes to play at the last seconds of the attack…<br><br>IF they attack, when they get to that very last second before they actually mouth the bait, color is important as is smell, they can come in ta play if they jus bump or miss, then they might come back.<br><br>Look how often just a subtle color change can make a big difference.<br>& look how some colors will get plenty strikes but miss…<br>& another color will get the hookups…<br><br>ACTION could be the most important part… the fish needs to be COMMITTED when it approaches the lure.<br>Then the little things come in to play.<br><br>[Smile] <b></font color=red>ALOHA</b></font color=red> [Wink]<br><br>Dan<br>Stand Up!!!<br><br><A HREF="http://www.fishingkauai.com" target="_new"> Stand Up Fish`N Charters Kauai Hawai </A> <br>[Wink]