Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho record bull elk
Curt, not really deceitful practices. It's all to try to get the hunters to think they get a wilderness hunt inside the fence. Things like: When we do let the Hunter shoot, I have to make the Hunter stay there while I go over and remove the ear tags, so the Hunter doesn't see them. Each ranch that raises Elk has there own ear tags. So when Rulon buys bulls from somewhere they may have several ear tags. And say they have paid $3000 for a 300 class bull. But then the Hunter shoots A 350 class $10,000 bull. 
The guide is responsible to pay Rulon the difference. 
However, I heard his good guides make over $70,000 working 2 months.

If you don't mind I'd like to tell you about Larry the dad. The first Larry Jones. 
Almost any Elk Hunter has heard of Larry Jones from Oregon. He makes calls and moveis. But Larry Jones from Utah was an amazing man and was one of the first people to make hunting and wild life movies. He was a personal friend and hunting partner with Fred Bear. I told you about seeing "The Great Call of The Wild" in jr. high. Years before I became part of the family. Well that has lots bow hunting Alaska. And in it he shoots the world record Polar Bear and I think record big horn sheep. Or maybe Dall Ram. And he had four or five other movies. One of them he went up on the mountain and camped all Summer with the Big Horn Sheep. I mean right in the middle of the herd. And would climb out of his pup tent in the morning and feed full curl rams right out of his hand. He was one of my first heros.
RIP Larry.

Messages In This Thread
Idaho record bull elk - by wiperhunter2 - 12-11-2019, 12:18 AM
RE: Idaho record bull elk - by fast_randy - 09-08-2021, 07:17 PM
RE: Idaho record bull elk - by wiperhunter2 - 09-09-2021, 12:16 AM
RE: Idaho record bull elk - by fast_randy - 09-09-2021, 02:35 PM