Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jeep trails???
i moved to aberdeen from texas and after being in the state for just shy of a year i finally got a car for myself up here. decided to get a jeep wrangler (always wanted one). just curious if there are any jeep clubs in the area, either in pocatello or in idaho falls and if there are any good jeep trails in eastern idaho. not looking for anything extreme just something that will get me out off the roads, maybe a little mud if anything, never really been 4x4.

thanks in advance
[signature]
May Google it, I think there is one called hells half acre
[signature]
There are a couple clubs. But they are Jeep CJ clubs. And they don't really don't do much. Hells half acre. Is in Wyoming about 150 miles from.the Nebraska state line. Here in S/E Idaho we Have some good Jeep trails for beginners to advanced. My fave is called bell Marsh. It has 2 diff main trails one for beginners one that is moderate difficulty. And as far as slinging mud in a wrangler I would avoid it. As they really are not to great in mud. I am driving a 96 wrangler with a 2 inch lift with some bfg mud country 33" on it and It gets stuck real easy. Unless you have some great mud tires like some boggers or some supper swampers I would avoid the mud. Dry ground and you can't stop them. The one I'm driving has the 4.0 liter inline six with a 5 spd manual transmission matted up to it. And put that thing in 4 low in 1st gear you can walk faster sure but just try and stop it. You don't even ha e to touch the gas to climb steep inclines. It will flip over backwards before it stalls the engine. Maybe I could manage some time to show you a couple trails in pocatello and so
e out past pocatello twords inkom. There great fun.
[signature]
Head to Moab for Easter weekend. You will love it.
[signature]