Iowa Fishing Wall of Fame
35 lbs flathead
60lb Grass Carp
Iowa Fishing Article
The scene is a trout angler's dream come true. Or nightmare of the highest order. All around this corner of the Manchester trout hatchery, 2-pound, 3-pound...7 and 8-pound rainbow trout splash in holding tanks. Glistening, colorful...but with no room to flip a fly or redworm. "We're spawning rainbow trout today," explains Randy Mack, DNR hatchery technician, as he and two co-workers wrestle 40 female trout (the big ones) and a similar number of smaller males inside the Manchester hatchery. Longtime hatchery technician Kenny Linderwell 'trays' the fertilized eggs and sets them into place along the wall. A constant flow of 52 degree water washes...
Featured Iowa Fishing Sponsors
- Want to be listed here? - Please contact a First Light Net Representative & ask about static links.
- Good Place to Fish in Iowa
- Top two feet: Mid size bucktails in chartruese green and black and glide baits. 2-6 feet. 8" Believe...
- Help Restore A River in Peril
- nope, no edittin privies here...
- Where to fish
- While not an Iowan myself (unfortunately ), I've spent many a summer fishing there (my rel...
Iowa Fishing News
- Iowa Kids Fishing Derby June 7
- DES MOINES - The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is partnering with 1040 WHO's Van and Bonnie and DMACC to host a kids fishing derby from 5 to 9 a.m., on June 7, at ...
- Iowas Lost Grove Lake Filling Before Repairs Can be Completed
- Lost Grove Lake is filling ahead of schedule, which is good news for the local anglers anxious to see the lake completed, but bad news for contractors who have work yet t...
- Iowa Couple Charged with 332 White Bass Over Limit
- A Davenport couple was charged Tuesday, with three counts of being over possession of white bass after an anonymous call to the local conservation officer.Jeremy Nguyen a...
- Iowa DNR Videos Provide Basic Fishing Tips
- The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is creating a new series of online videos to help beginning anglers to catch more fish.The first video, an introduction to crappi...
- Open House On Iowas Burlington Street Dam Project April 29
- The future of the Iowa River surrounding the Burlington Street Dam will be discussed during an open house on April 29, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., in the Social Hall, Robert ...
Iowa Fishing Regs & Licenses
Annual Fishing (16+) - $17.50
1-Day Fishing - $8.00
Trout Fee - $11.00
Liftetime Fishing (65+) - $51.00
Annual Fishing (16+) - $39.50
1-Day Fishing - $9.00
Iowa residents and nonresidents 16 years and older are required to have a valid fishing license on their person, and have paid all the applicable fees while fishing.