Iowa Fishing Information
Iowa Fishing Wall of Fame
35 lbs flathead
60lb Grass Carp
Iowa Fishing Article
The scene is a trout angler's dream come true. Or nightmare of the highest order. All around this corner of the Manchester trout hatchery, 2-pound, 3-pound...7 and 8-pound rainbow trout splash in holding tanks. Glistening, colorful...but with no room to flip a fly or redworm. "We're spawning rainbow trout today," explains Randy Mack, DNR hatchery technician, as he and two co-workers wrestle 40 female trout (the big ones) and a similar number of smaller males inside the Manchester hatchery. Longtime hatchery technician Kenny Linderwell 'trays' the fertilized eggs and sets them into place along the wall. A constant flow of 52 degree water washes...
Featured Iowa Fishing Sponsors
- Want to be listed here? - Please contact a First Light Net Representative & ask about static links.
- Hello from Iowa
- LOL, you use 8" trout for crappie bait[;)]. I'm hunting the next two weekends for sure, maybe the ne...
- Good Place to Fish in Iowa
- Top two feet: Mid size bucktails in chartruese green and black and glide baits. 2-6 feet. 8" Believe...
- Help Restore A River in Peril
- nope, no edittin privies here...
Iowa Fishing News
- Vote for Your Ultimate Fishing Town
- Do you live in the Ultimate Fishing Town? Your community could win a $25,000 donation or one of eight regional prizes and be featured on WFN! ...
- Meeting on Restoration of Iowas Trumbull Lake Set for Oct. 23 in Okoboji
- OKOBOJI, Iowa - One of Iowa's larger shallow lakes will be the focus of a water quality improvement project that was born out of the historic drought of 2012. The 1,200-a...
- Iowa DNR Videos Provide Basic Fishing Tips
- The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is creating a new series of online videos to help beginning anglers to catch more fish.The first video, an introduction to crappi...
- Open House On Iowas Burlington Street Dam Project April 29
- The future of the Iowa River surrounding the Burlington Street Dam will be discussed during an open house on April 29, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., in the Social Hall, Robert ...
- Fall Trout Stocking in Iowa Waters Begins Oct. 18
- The Iowa Department of Natural Resources will begin its fall and winter trout stocking on Oct. 18, with a release planned for Big Lake, in Council Bluffs.The DNR has 17 c...
Iowa Fishing Regs & Licenses
Annual Fishing (16+) - $17.50
1-Day Fishing - $8.00
Trout Fee - $11.00
Liftetime Fishing (65+) - $51.00
Annual Fishing (16+) - $39.50
1-Day Fishing - $9.00
Iowa residents and nonresidents 16 years and older are required to have a valid fishing license on their person, and have paid all the applicable fees while fishing.