South Dakota Fishing
South Dakota Fishing Wall of Fame
Smallies in SD
South Dakota Fishing Article
To kick off summer, the Department of Game, Fish and Parks is encouraging families to spend the weekend outside during the Parks' Open House Weekend and Free Fishing Weekend May 15-17. During the annual three-day event, anglers can fish without a license anywhere in the state, and entrance fees are waived for all visitors to South Dakota's state parks and recreation areas. Camping fees still apply. Fishing regulations and limits apply. “Open House weekend is a perfect opportunity for families to spend some quality time together outside,” said Doug Hofer, director of state division of parks and recreation. “In South Dakota, we’re blessed with a...
Featured South Dakota Fishing Sponsors
- Want to be listed here? - Please contact a First Light Net Representative & ask about static links.
- Fishing in South Dakota
- Just off the top of my head - Angostura res., Belle Fourche res. (Orman Dam), Newell Lake & some sec...
- Reasons Why I fish
- I fish because it embraces all I love in life! The excitement, mystery, serenity, challenges and pat...
- Lake Oahe Walleye
- Thanks anyway. I just did a little homework and found that we are going to the opposite si...
South Dakota Fishing News
- May is Water Safety Month in South Dakota
- PIERRE, S.D. - Gov. Dennis Daugaard has signed an executive proclamation designating May as Water Safety Month in South Dakota.The proclamation highlights a variety of wa...
- Keeton Named S.D. Boating Officer of the Year
- PIERRE, S.D. - Joe Keeton, a Game, Fish and Parks Department conservation officer serving the Pennington County area, has been named the 2013 Brook Brown Boating Officer ...
- Vote for Your Ultimate Fishing Town
- Do you live in the Ultimate Fishing Town? Your community could win a $25,000 donation or one of eight regional prizes and be featured on WFN! ...
- Publication Celebrates Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program
- The U.S Fish and Wildlife Service has released a landmark publication celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program, the cornerstone...
- State Parks Bounce Back From 2011 Flood
- PIERRE, S.D. - Visits to South Dakota State Parks were back on track in 2012 after a 2011 burdened with widespread flooding.State parks saw record visitation and camping ...
South Dakota Fishing Regs & Licenses
1-Day Fishing - $7
Annual Fishing - $25
Senior Fishing (age 65 and older) - $10
1-Day Fishing - $14
3-Day Fishing - $32
Annual Fishing - $60
Residents under age 16 do not need a license to fish and can take their own limits. Residents age 16-18 are required to purchase the Junior Combination License, which sells for the same fee as the annual fishing license and...