Virginia Fishing Wall of Fame
Virginia Fishing Article
Forty years ago a hearty round of guffaws would have greeted an offer to go striped bass fishing in a freshwater lake. Now most anglers would jump at the chance. Indeed, we've come to the point where the striper fishing in fresh water is often superior to that found in the brine. As the sign proclaims to south-bound travelers on U.S. 301, South Carolina's famed Santee-Cooper Reservoir is the original home of the landlocked striped bass. In 1941, when the Santee and Cooper rivers were dammed and the mosquito-plagued lowlands of central South Carolina flooded, an unseen migrant from the Atlantic was trapped in the new reservoir. Several years later...
Featured Virginia Fishing Sponsors
- Want to be listed here? - Please contact a First Light Net Representative & ask about static links.
- Upgrades To Bigfishtackle Web Site "Your input Welcome"
- thanks for your imput, I will pass this along...
- Occuquan Resevoir
- dont ya just love when others blaze the trail for ya.. [:p] like any other well used place, having e...
- What A Day! Another Southern Run
- Thanks, It is my concept and I had it made custom by a local fabricator....
Virginia Fishing News
- Anglers and Boaters Asked to Help Protect West Virginia Waters
- SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. - The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources is asking anglers and boaters to help prevent the movement of Asian carp and other invasive spec...
- Floating Fishing School Set for Four Virginia Lakes
- It's summer and it's time for some fishing fun! Join a VDGIF Fisheries Biologist and the Angling Education Coordinator aboard "The Floating Fishing School," our 26' Sun T...
- Virginia to Stock More Largemouths into Back Bay
- The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (DGIF), is entering year 2 of a planned 3-year largemouth bass stocking project on Back Bay. The project plan calls f...
- West Virginia Trout Stocking Week of May 27-31
- ELKINS, W.Va. - The following waters were stocked with trout the week of May 27, 2013:Anthony CreekBig Clear CreekBig Sandy CreekBlackwater RiverBrandywine LakeBrushy For...
- West Virginia Seeks Angler Input from Stonewall Jackson Lake
- SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. - The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources will be conducting an angler survey at Stonewall Jackson Lake, according to Bret Preston, assist...
Virginia Fishing Charters & Guides
|Hatchmatcher guide service Since 1999 we have been providing smallmouth float trips...|
|Key dreams charter boat service Charter boat fishing, virginia beach and norfolk ar...|
|New river, jackson river, james river, & south holston river guide service Float fi...|
|Pointrunner's: a smith mountain lake striper fishing guide and charter captain Poi...|
|Handyman sportfishing charters Cruise to fishing grounds at 50 mph on a 38-foot fou...|
|Rose river farms Dry fly and nymph fishing at its finest-- our stretch of the rose ...|
|SubmitMore Charters & Guides|
Virginia Fishing Regs & Licenses
Freshwater fish statewide - $18.00
Freshwater and Saltwater fish statewide - $30.00
65 and over license to fish freshwater - $7.00
Freshwater fish statewide - $36.00
Freshwater and Saltwater fish statewide - $48.00
All persons 16 years of age or older, must purchase the proper licenses before fishing. Some exceptions do exist. A valid trout license is required in addition to other resident or nonresident licenses only if you are fishing in designated stocked trout waters.