Virginia Fishing Wall of Fame
Virginia Fishing Article
Forty years ago a hearty round of guffaws would have greeted an offer to go striped bass fishing in a freshwater lake. Now most anglers would jump at the chance. Indeed, we've come to the point where the striper fishing in fresh water is often superior to that found in the brine. As the sign proclaims to south-bound travelers on U.S. 301, South Carolina's famed Santee-Cooper Reservoir is the original home of the landlocked striped bass. In 1941, when the Santee and Cooper rivers were dammed and the mosquito-plagued lowlands of central South Carolina flooded, an unseen migrant from the Atlantic was trapped in the new reservoir. Several years later...
Featured Virginia Fishing Sponsors
- Want to be listed here? - Please contact a First Light Net Representative & ask about static links.
- Upgrades To Bigfishtackle Web Site "Your input Welcome"
- thanks for your imput, I will pass this along...
- Occuquan Resevoir
- dont ya just love when others blaze the trail for ya.. [:p] like any other well used place, having e...
- What A Day! Another Southern Run
- Thanks, It is my concept and I had it made custom by a local fabricator....
Virginia Fishing News
- Get Hooked on Tygart Lake State Park's Fishing Day, June 9
- GRAFTON, W.Va. - "Get Hooked on Fishing, Not on Drugs"¯ (HOFNOD) at Tygart Lake State Park June 9. "We're taking advantage of the free fishing weekend in West Virginia (...
- West Virginia DNR Public Meetings to Discuss Regs
- SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. - The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources (DNR) will hold 12 public meetings across the state in March to provide hunters, trappers, angle...
- West Virginia NRC Meeting Sunday Feb. 24 at WVDNR Headquarters, South Charl...
- SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. - The next quarterly meeting of the West Virginia Natural Resources Commission is scheduled for Sunday, February 24, beginning at 1 p.m. at the We...
- West Virginia Parks Continue to Dig Out After Storm
- SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Tropical Storm Sandy continues to create problems at three of West Virginia's favorite state parks.Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley Resort in ...
- West Virginias Holly River State Park to Open Temporary Office Dec 3
- HACKER VALLEY, W.Va. - More than a month after being closed by Superstorm Sandy, Holly River State Park will begin taking calls on Monday, December 3, from a temporary of...
Virginia Fishing Charters & Guides
|Hatchmatcher guide service Since 1999 we have been providing smallmouth float trips...|
|Key dreams charter boat service Charter boat fishing, virginia beach and norfolk ar...|
|New river, jackson river, james river, & south holston river guide service Float fi...|
|Pointrunner's: a smith mountain lake striper fishing guide and charter captain Poi...|
|Handyman sportfishing charters Cruise to fishing grounds at 50 mph on a 38-foot fou...|
|Rose river farms Dry fly and nymph fishing at its finest-- our stretch of the rose ...|
|SubmitMore Charters & Guides|
Virginia Fishing Regs & Licenses
Freshwater fish statewide - $18.00
Freshwater and Saltwater fish statewide - $30.00
65 and over license to fish freshwater - $7.00
Freshwater fish statewide - $36.00
Freshwater and Saltwater fish statewide - $48.00
All persons 16 years of age or older, must purchase the proper licenses before fishing. Some exceptions do exist. A valid trout license is required in addition to other resident or nonresident licenses only if you are fishing in designated stocked trout waters.