2009 Spring Trout Season Opens April 4
Rainbow Trout Stocked at 43 Locations in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD, IL – The 2009 spring trout fishing season in Illinois will begin at 5 a.m. on Saturday, April 4, Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) Director Marc Miller announced today.
“The first Saturday in April is always a big day for families to go fishing in Illinois thanks to the opener of the spring trout season,” Miller said. “Getting children outdoors to experience the fun of fishing is one of the many benefits of our catchable trout program. Anglers of all ages can join in the fun as we stock trout at 43 locations throughout the state.”
Inland trout stamps are available for $6.50 each at DNR Direct license and permit vendors, IDNR offices in Springfield, Chicago, Sterling, Bartlett, Clinton, Alton, and Benton. They may also be purchased with a credit card through the IDNR web site at https://dnr.state.il.us or by phone at 1-888-6PERMIT (1-888-673-7648).
Anglers may not take trout from any of the stocked sites from March 15 to the opening of the season on April 4 at 5 a.m. Anyone attempting to take trout before the legal opening will be issued citations. During the spring trout season, the daily possession limit for trout is five fish.
For more information about the trout stocking program check the web site at www.ifishillinois.org.
Stocked sites (by county) for the spring catchable trout program:
* Adams County: Siloam Springs State Park Lake.
* Boone County: Mill Race Ponds in Belvidere.
* Bureau County: Hennepin Canal Parkway.
* Cass County: Gurney Road Pond at Jim Edgar Panther Creek State Fish and Wildlife Area.
* Champaign County: Lake of the Woods.
* Christian County: Manners Park Pond, Taylorville Park District
* Cook County: Axehead Lake, Cook County Forest Preserve District.
* Cook County: Belleau Lake, Cook County Forest Preserve District.
* Cook County: Sag Quarry East, Cook County Forest Preserve District.
* Coles County: Eastern Illinois University Campus Pond in Charleston.
* DuPage County: Silver Lake, DuPage County Forest Preserve District.
* Grundy County: Gebhard Woods State Park Pond.
* Jefferson County: Mount Vernon Game Farm Pond.
* Jo Daviess County: Apple River and tributaries.
* Johnson County: Ferne Clyffe State Park Lake.
* Kankakee County: Bird Park Quarry in Kankakee.
* Kankakee County: Rock Creek (Kankakee River State Park).
* Kendall County: Big Lake at Silver Springs State Park.
* Lake County: Banana Lake, Lake County Forest Preserve District.
* Lake County: Sand Lake at Illinois Beach State Park.
* LaSalle County: Illinois and Michigan Canal at Utica
* Macon County: Sportsman’s Club Pond, Macon County Conservation District
* Marion County: Boston Pond at Stephen A. Forbes State Park.
* Massac County: Fairgrounds Pond in Fort Massac State Park, Metropolis.
* McLean County: Miller Park Lake in Bloomington.
* McHenry County: Lake Atwood, Hollows Conservation Area, McHenry County Conservation District.
* McHenry County: Piscasaw Creek.
* Moultrie County: Wyman Lake in Sullivan.
* Ogle County: Pine Creek in White Pines State Forest.
* Randolph County: Derby Lake at World Shooting and Recreational Complex, Sparta
* St. Clair County: Frank Holten State Park main lake.
* St. Clair County: Jones Park Lake in East St. Louis.
* Sangamon County: Illinois Department of Transportation Lake in Springfield.
* Sangamon County: Washington Park Pond in Springfield.
* Shelby County: Forest Park Lagoon in Shelbyville.
* Stephenson County: Waddams Creek (Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Park).
* Stephenson County: Yellow Creek in Krape Park, Freeport.
* Vermilion County: Clear Lake at Kickapoo State Park.
* Wabash County: Beall Woods Lake, Beall Woods State Park
* Wayne County: Sam Dale Conservation Area Trout Pond.
* Whiteside County: Coleta Trout Ponds.
* Will County: Lake Milliken at Des Plaines Conservation Area.
* Winnebago County: Kent Creek in Page Park, Rockford.