Fishing Forum
IN TRIBUTE TO ONE OF MY FISHING HERO'S - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Maine Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=360)
+--- Forum: Maine Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: IN TRIBUTE TO ONE OF MY FISHING HERO'S (/showthread.php?tid=177204)

IN TRIBUTE TO ONE OF MY FISHING HERO'S - lonehunter - 12-31-2004

The great state of Maine has lost one of my favorite people of all time once again , my uncle Larry .
All of my uncles have been instramental in developing my love for the outdoors and fishing at an age where i was barley able to handle a zebco 202 . Uncles Larry , Chuck , Billy and Kenny did it in a way that was most enjoyable .
We would start the day with a trip to the resturant that would open early for our crew because my uncles were so loved by all in there community . they would make sure that this once 4 year old angler was well stuffed with flap-jacks and sausage for the days fishing trip. then we would hit the open waters for the day .
i don't know if any of you guys can remember cranking in a big old sunfish or pickrel as a child , but i do , thanks to them .
rod after rod was handed off to me as they had a fish on . the excitement i felt was only increased by uncles and my dads enthousasim and cheers as i battled these fish into the boat .
good jokes full of laughter , afternoon lunches on the boat while foaraging for fish , and the great care taken in carrying in this sleeping tyke to bed after a long day of fishing made for unforgetable adventures that will stay with me the rest of my life .
my uncle larry now joins grand pa ,uncle billy and uncle chuck fishing in the heavens above .
i'll miss you uncle larry .

LAWRENCE 'LARRY' HARTLEY

BANGOR - Lawrence "Larry" R. Hartley, 64, died Dec. 29, 2004, at a Bangor hospital. He was born Jan. 26, 1940, in Athens, the son of William and Doris (Lancaster) Hartley. Larry is survived by his partner of 15 years, Margaret Call; a son, Loren; and grandson, Ryan; a sister, Maxine and husband, Woody; two brothers, Clayton and wife, Freela, Kenneth and wife, Sally; two sister-in-laws, Linda and Maxine, his "extended family", George, Charlotte, Amanda, Ricky, Brian, Joan, Gloria, Mike, and Holly; and grandchildren, Ashlee, Miranda, Mackenzie, Chelsea, Lois, Daniel, and Charlie, and many nieces and nephews. In addition to his parents he was predeceased by two brothers, Billy and Charlie. Friends are invited to visit with the family 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 30, at Brookings-Smith, 133 Center St., Bangor, where funeral service will be held 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 31, with the Rev. Judy Ahles, Pastor of the Kenduskeag Union Church, officiating. The family invites relatives and friends to share conversation and refreshments at the Brookings-Smith Family Center, 163 Center St., after the service. Interment will be in the spring at Kenduskeag Village Cemetery. Gifts in his memory may be made to the Ronald McDonald House of Bangor, 654 State St., Bangor, ME 04401.
[signature]

Re: [lonehunter] IN TRIBUTE TO ONE OF MY FISHING HERO'S - davetclown - 01-01-2005

I feal for your loss, It is sufice to say that most every one lost some one in 2004, some more than others, but the pain is the same.

I am glad you had the opertunity to enjoy the great out doors with your unkle, not many can say that these days.

Sounds like Larry was a good egg and will be missed by all.
[signature]

Re: [davetclown] IN TRIBUTE TO ONE OF MY FISHING HERO'S - lonehunter - 01-02-2005

yea , he is missed but , i can't help thinking that he and grandpa , grandma and the other uncles aren't having a grand family reunion of there own .[Smile]
thanks Dave !
[signature]

Re: [cindylouwho] IN TRIBUTE TO ONE OF MY FISHING HERO'S - lonehunter - 01-04-2005

this year we'll have a boat , it's already finished and awating some muskey fishing .
i'll be looking forward to taking him out .
[signature]