Fishing Forum
another tiger muskie record breaker - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: another tiger muskie record breaker (/showthread.php?tid=271243)

Pages: 1 2

another tiger muskie record breaker - GORGEATTIC - 07-10-2006

on the forth of july i was fishing for the tigers over 45 ,and i hooked up to a 49 inch 33and a half pound monster,and i knew it would kick out the record broke a few weeks ago at 31 pounds 11 ozs. by 2 pounds so i keeped it and recorded it with the fish and game at 33.6 pounds and now it is the new state record,at pineview,this is not a braggen board ,but ive have just heard of alot of really good fish took this year up there if you fish long enough for them.this is my 3rd trip up to pinview THIS YEAR, and about 16 hours of time put in THIS YEAR,and first one over 40 this year and i caught 2 other 30 inchers.AND HAVE FISHED FOR THE LAST 6-7 YEARS AND COUNTLESS HOURS FISHING EACH YEAR .ABOUT 6-10 TRIPS A YEAR AND IT FINALLY PAYED OFF.but they are way worth the time. and yes i was told by the fish and game that my fish might be beat the very next day,but later was not as big as it was said. to the post stated on july 7 2006 the fish that the kid caught was spost to beat mine but the fish and game measured and weighed him at 28 pounds and 48 inches long,but he they were told he was 50 inches,but he only ended up being 48 and the weight was 5 pounds different,but still one hell of a fish.so as of today the record i think is 33.6 pounds ,im not sure but i think they take weight over length,for record fish,but correct me if im wrong please.now only if i can figure out the big lakers at the gorge.
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - wiperhunter2 - 07-10-2006

That is a nice tiger and congratulations on the new record.
WH2
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - fish2xtc - 07-10-2006

Nice fish. What a beast. That must be fun catching something that huge. Way to go
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - DonInDenver - 07-10-2006

WOW. That is huge! Nice fish!!

Forty pounds can't be far off at Pineview!
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - lunkerhunter2 - 07-10-2006

Congrats! May i ask what you were using?
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - bassrods - 07-10-2006

Great fish..or should we say wal-e-gater....[Wink]
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - FishWisconsin - 07-10-2006

Ya'll gotta quit killing the tigers...That fish has probably been caught and released a dozen times,maybe 2 dozen...we release for the next generation, not silly dead records for our own personal gain.

Utah seems to be behind in the catch and release philosophy of musky compared to Cananda, Minnn and Wisconsin.

I fail to understand....

For true musky fisherman, the real record is catch and release.

For those that do catch and release, I thank you, and so do my kids.
[signature]

Re: [FishWisconsin] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - wiperhunter2 - 07-10-2006

Most of the guys on the Utah board feel the same way about catch and release but that is one of the reasons we have more post and people using BFT Utah than any other state does. We try not to criticize people for their actions on this board, I'm not saying it does not happen but we have found that everyone is different and what is good for one is not always good for others. I hope this does not open up a can of worms but we value your opinion also. WH2
[signature]

Re: [wiperhunter2] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - chefwhofishes - 07-10-2006

Well said WH2. I personally don't keep alot of fish, not more than I will eat or would like to mount anyway. As long as this guy pays his license fees every year and obeys the proclamation laws, then he can do as he pleases. Noone should feel bad about posting a sweet fish like that, I am sure he put in the time to get it. Congratulations on that fish, it will make a really nice mount!
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - jekern1015 - 07-10-2006

Great job, what a monster. I need to get with you and find out where those monsters are hanging out. I leave on my two day trip tonight. Fish on
[signature]

Re: [jekern1015] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - cadresults - 07-10-2006

First of all, congrats GORGE on a great fish.

Second, I fail to understand why people are critical of a person, who follows the regulations. If you hate people keeping legal fish, why are you not whining and complaining to the DWR??????

BS posts that are critical of others do NO good period!
[signature]

Re: [FishWisconsin] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - polokid - 07-10-2006

I for one hope this fish was kept for taxidermy reasons! If not, what a waste. Pictures do justice IMO. I am all about artificial taxidermy casts. While I agree with FishWisconsin on not keeping that fish, the regulations do state they can have one. At that point it is a judgment call. I used to be personal friends with the old state record holder, (Roger Klug) his mounted musky rocked!!! He had it surrounded with large taxidermied perch. Congrats on the fish, I can only hope to catch one, let alone that big!
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - Theekillerbee - 07-11-2006

Sure is a nice fish you've got there. Thanks for the report.
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - ocean - 07-11-2006

Congrats on the fish!!
[signature]

Re: [ocean] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - PACKFAN - 07-11-2006

Congrats on a great fish, I think it will look great on your wall. It's something you and your family can cherish and have memories of for the rest of your life. Thanks for sharing the picture.[cool]
[signature]

Re: [FishWisconsin] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - GORGEATTIC - 07-11-2006

FIRST OF ALL ''FISH WISCONSIN'',I HAVE RELEASED PROBABLY OVER 12 TIGER MUSKIES THAT WENT OVER FORTY INCHES IN THE LAST 6-7 YEARS.AND I THINK IM INTITLED TO ONE FISH THAT WILL GO OVER THE RECORD,AND THE OTHER FISH I WE CAUGHT AND KEPT WAS FOR MY 9 YEAR OLD SON THAT HE REALED IN AND HE WANTED TO GET IT MOUNTED,THATS THE ONLY REASON WE KEEP THE TWO FISH IN 6-7 YEARS.THEY ARE BOTH GOIN TO BE MOUNTED ON MY WALL,I DONT APPRECIATE YOU SAYING IM KILLING ALL THE TIGERS,BECAUSE I TOTALLY DONT APPROVE OF EVEN TAKEN TIGERS OUT OF THE WATER TO TAKE A PICTURE, UNLESS IM GOING TO PAY 16 DOLLARS AN INCH TO PUT IT ON MY WALL.AND YEA YOU MUST BE A LITTLE FAR FETCHED TO SAY THAT MY FRECORD FISH HAS BEEN CAUGHT 2 DOZEN TIMES WITHOUT NO ONE KEEPING IT ,YEA RIGHT NICE TRY!!!! I TOTALLY BELIEVE IN RELEASING FOR THE NEXT GENERATION,I HAVE 3 KIDS FISHING FOR TIGERS NOW.THATS WHY AT THE FIRST OF MY STORY I HAVE SAID IN GOING AFTER 45 INCHERS AND ABOVE,NOT 40 AND ABOVE.I HAVE ALSO HEARD OF PEOPLE KEEPING EVERY 40 INCH TIGER THEY CATCH JUST TO EAT.AND YES THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY,BUT IM FAR FROM A FIRST TIME FISHER AT PINEVIEW,AND THE RECORD FISH BEING MY FIRST TIGER MUSKIE EVER CAUGHT,I HOPE THIS MADE YOU, ''FISH WISCONSIN'' THINK A LIITLE BIT BEFORE YOU START UP BULL SHIT TALK WHEN YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME AND HOW I FISH.
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - BearLakeMack - 07-11-2006

[size 1][reply]
[size 1]P.S. GO BACK TO WISCONSIN [/size] [/quote]
[/size][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Hey, come on, GORGEATTIC. Breathe thru your nose. I don't believe the guy is singling you out. He's concerned with the resource and the possiblity of overharvesting the large fish which are the big attraction there for so many fishermen. No need to get too bent out of shape. [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - GORGEATTIC - 07-11-2006

HE JUST SPARKED MY MOOD,WHEN HE SAID ''IM KILLING ALL THE MUSKIES'' THAT WAS VERY WRONG ON HIS PART,I HAVE DID MY FARE SHARE OF RELEASING THEM ALSO,BUT THANKS ILL GO EDIT
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - BearLakeMack - 07-11-2006

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]No problemo. Now go put a big hurt on a Gorge mack...[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]

Re: [GORGEATTIC] another tiger muskie rcord breaker - Tarponjim - 07-11-2006

I'm not a Pineview fisherman, but I am curious as the debate over Catch and Release rages on. Does anyone have any idea what the growth rates are for the Tigers in that lake, the average age of a 40 or 50 incher at Pineview, and how long their life-expactancy is in that particular lake? Seems to me that the issue would be how old they are, when/if they can no longer spawn, and how long they'd live after release. All this aside from the fact that the regs. say you can keep one. To me, logic and science always prevails over regs. stating what you are legally allowed. I presume that many of you who fish the lake regularly have seen more Tiger Muskies and know more about them than any Utah DWR "biologist" who makes a few visits a year, if that, and probably seldom even fishes for them. The DWR, however, would likely be the source of this information I'm wondering about, so its accuracy may or may not be correct. I don't personally know the ones who manage/monitor Pineview.

I couldn't form an opinion either way without growth/life-span info, and don't have a clue about Pineview as a fishery. Now on the Gorge, well, . . . OK, not here!

By the way Gorgeattic, Hell-of-a NICE FISH!
[signature]