Fishing Forum
May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest (/showthread.php?tid=42945)

Pages: 1 2

May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - BearLakeMack - 05-08-2003

[center][font "Arial"][size 5]May's $10 Gift Certificate Contest[/size][/font][/center] [left][size 3]This month's contest involves Buoy Identification. Since most of our fishing community here owns or uses boats, it only make sense to have an idea of what information is out there on our waterways. In some instances they could be the difference from a great day on the water, an annoying ticket, or a major catastrophe.[/size][/left] [left][size 3]The contest will involve 9 different buoy identifications in a multiple choice format. Post your answers for each buoy and at the end include a tie breaker number between 1 - 200.[/size][/left] [left][size 3]As always, you must be a registered member of BFT to win. Any sources of information can be used. The object of the contest is to enlighten everyone of the significance of the buoys we see on our waterways. Contest ends May 18th at 6:00pm. Good Luck![/size][/left] [left][size 3][/size][/left] [center][size 5]Buoy 1[/size][/center] [center][Image: Buoy_1.gif][/center] [ol] [li][size 2]These indicate the left side of the channel as a boater enters from the open sea or heads upstream.[/size] [li][size 2]These indicate the right side of the channel as a boater enters from the open sea or heads upstream.[/size] [li][size 2]These indicate that a boater may proceed normally in the direction he is headed without yeilding right away.[/size][/li][/ol] [center][size 5]Buoy 2[/size][/center] [center][Image: Buoy_2.gif][/center] [ol] [li][size 2]These indicate the right side of the channel as a boater enters from the open sea or heads upstream.[/size] [li][size 2]These are placed at the junction of two channels to indicate the preferred (primary) channel when a channel splits.[/size] [li][size 2]These indicate the left side of the channel as a boater enters from the open sea or heads upstream.[/size][/li][/ol] [center][size 5]Buoy 3[/size][/center] [center][size 5][Image: Buoy_3.gif][/size][/center] [ol] [li][size 2]These indicate that you must yeild right away to all on coming boats.[/size] [li][size 2]These indicate the right side of the channel as a boater enters from the open sea or heads upstream.[/size] [li][size 2]These indicate the left side of the channel as a boater enters from the open sea or heads upstream.[/size][/li][/ol][size 5] [center]Buoy 4[/center] [center][size 2][Image: Buoy_4.gif][/center] [ol] [li]These warn of dangers such as rocks, shoals, construction, dams or stumps. [li]These are usually placed in marinas and other areas where boats are allowed to anchor. [li]These are normally used for trot lines. The blue and white signify that a trot line is attached below.[/li][/ol] [center][size 5]Buoy 5[/size][/center] [center][Image: Buoy_5.gif][/center] [ol] [li]These indicate unobstructed water on all sides. They mark mid-channels or fairways and may be passed on either side. [li]These indicate areas off-limits to all boats, such as swimming areas, dams, and spillways. [li]These indicate the right side of the channel as a boater enters from the open sea or heads upstream.[/li][/ol] [center][size 5]Buoy 6[/size][/center] [center][Image: Buoy_6.gif][/center] [ol] [li]These indicate places to find food, supplies and repairs, and they give directions, distances and other non-regulatory information. [li]These indicate an obstruction to navigation. You should not pass between these buoys and the shore. [li]These indicate areas off-limits to all boats, such as swimming areas, dams, and spillways.[/li][/ol] [center][size 5]Buoy 7[/size][/center] [center][Image: Buoy_7.gif][/center] [ol] [li]These warn of dangers such as rocks, shoals, construction, dams or stumps. Always proceed with caution [li]These are usually placed in marinas and other areas where boats are allowed to anchor. [li]These indicate a controlled area such as no wake, idle speed, speed limit or ski zone.[/li][/ol] [center][size 5]Buoy 8[/size][/center] [center][Image: Buoy_8.gif][/center] [ol] [li]These indicate places to find food, supplies and repairs, and they give directions, distances and other non-regulatory information. [li]These indicate divers are present and you should yield at minimum of 150 feet from buoy. [li]These indicate areas off-limits to all boats, such as swimming areas, dams, and spillways.[/li][/ol] [center][size 5]Buoy 9[/size][/center] [center][Image: Buoy_10.gif][/center] [ol] [li]These warn of dangers such as rocks, shoals, construction, dams or stumps. Always proceed with caution. [li]These indicate an obstruction to navigation. You should not pass between these buoys and the shore. [li]These indicate areas off-limits to all boats, such as swimming areas, dams, and spillways.[/li][/ol] [center][size 5]Thanks for playing![/size][/center][url "http://home.attbi.com/~bearlakemack/Buoy_7.gif"][/url][url "http://home.attbi.com/~bearlakemack/Buoy_6.g"][/url][/size][/size]
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - HFT - 05-08-2003

[Smile]And I thought they were all targets for my boat,the brighter the color the more points! Go figure?
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - danzilla - 05-08-2003

well here goes...

1=1 2=2 3=2 4=2 5=1 6=3 7=1 8=1 9=2

Tiebreaker is 72
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - jmwolf - 05-08-2003

1. 1

2. 2

3. 2

4. 2

5. 1

6. 3

7. 3

8. 1

9. 2

TIE BREAKER 64
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - AFDan52 - 05-08-2003

[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] OK, here goes. 1,2,2,2,1,3,1,1,2, and 55[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - Jasjorg - 05-09-2003

Tie Breaker 114
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - IceFishingGod - 05-09-2003

1. 1, Port Side Lateral Marker

2. 2, Prefrence to Starboard

3. 2, Starboard Side Lateral Marker

4. 2, Anchor Bouy

5. 1, Safe Water

6. 3, Boat Exclusion Zone Marker

7. 1, Danger

8. 1, Info

9. 2. This bouy is applicable in state owned waters only.

My number is 40

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - fishboy2 - 05-09-2003

im afraid i am out of this one on account i have never owned a boat and i have never even drivin a boat. mabye next time.
[signature]

Re: [fishboy2] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - IceFishingGod - 05-09-2003

Just copy my answers and guess a number. I wont tell anyone if you don't.

IFG

Re: [IceFishingGod] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - fishboy2 - 05-09-2003

i thought of that then thought i probably shouldnt[angelic] but i will and if my number wins i will bive you my prize[Wink]. deal?
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - fish1on - 05-09-2003

122213112 and the winning tie breaker is 67????? I hope at least my answer's are right, I just got a boat!
[signature]

Re: [IceFishingGod] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - fishboy2 - 05-09-2003

well as allowed by IFG,

and my nuber is 160
[signature]

Re: [fishboy2] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - IceFishingGod - 05-09-2003

Goog Job! As you'll find out these are U.S. ATONs (Aid to Navigation) they will replace the older USWMS (Uniform State Waterway Marker System) system of markers effective the end of this year. Before you get your boat learn the rules of the road and how to navigate. I learned a poem from my Great Grandfather:

Here lies the body of Jack O'Day, he died maintaining the right of way. He was right, dead right, as he sailed along. But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

It was posted in every boat I've ever had. Maybe we can convince BLM to give us a series of questions on dead reckoning next month. Or maybe a rules of the road quiz.

IFG

Re: [fishboy2] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - BearLakeMack - 05-09-2003

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]FB2, [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The whole reason for this little excersise is to have fun LEARNING. Obviously, IFG has been around the block a time or two but for everyone else there is something that they might get out of this. There are not many navigational aid on our small lakes and reserviors but if you get down on Lake Powell or Lake Mead or on the coast or on major river systems you would be surprise how common they are. If you come away with nothing more than appreiciation of something new then it was worth it. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks IFG for helping out with this![/size][/font]
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - aquaman - 05-09-2003

1.1 2.2 3.2 4.2 5.1 6.3 7.1 8.1 9.2 tie breaker 38

GOOD TO YOU ALL

aquaman
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - wiperhunter2 - 05-09-2003

1. one
2. two
3. two
4. two
5. one
6. three
7. one
8. one
9. two
tie breaker 77
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - chefwhofishes - 05-09-2003

[size 1]1. 1
2. 2
3. 2
4. 2
5. 1
6. 3
7. 3
8. 1
9. 2 [/size]

[size 1][/size]

[size 1]Tie # 181[/size]
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - icefool - 05-09-2003

Unfortunately I have only fished from a boat once. I will not enter this contest, but I did learn something new and who knows maybe someday the info will come in handy.
[signature]

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - ruger - 05-09-2003

1=1, 2=2, 3=2, 4=2, 5=1, 6=3, 7=1, 8=1, 9=2

tie breaker =22

Re: [BearLakeMack] May's HOOKED $10 Gift Certificate Contest - nomoose - 05-10-2003

1-1
2-2
3-2
4-2
5-1
6-3
7-1
8-1
9-2
tie # is 34 thank you
[signature]