Fishing Forum
Yuba Northens =30+# - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Yuba Northens =30+# (/showthread.php?tid=845709)

Pages: 1 2

Yuba Northens =30+# - bassrods - 10-17-2013

Yep it was over 30# that was as high as my scales would go..

I got to Yuba at just before 6:00am and had my first fish at the dock on the ramp side it got off at the boat as I was trying to get the net out, it looked like a rainbow about 20" to 24"..
There was a fog on the water and no breeze but it was cold with frost on the dock and was getting on my boat deck..I fished around the ramp and dock till the sun came up so I could see..
I fished with three different lip-less lures and was only getting fish on two, I fished by the dam and up the south side and picked up 4 small northens biggest at around 24" but had more turn away at the boat..
It seemed that one lure got more fish then the other and bigger ones as well..
I boated 15 fish all came on the lip-less lures 6 was northens and 9 was carp..

.[inline PA170011.JPG]
[signature]

Re: [bassrods] Yuba Northens =30+# - albinotrout - 10-17-2013

Thanks for the pics Cliff. Sounds like yuba is still producing.
[signature]

Re: [bassrods] Yuba Northens =30+# - flygoddess - 10-17-2013

Where is the Pike over 30 lbs? Or are you referring to the carp? If so, I must have caught a bunch of 30+[Smile]
[signature]

Re: [flygoddess] Yuba Northens =30+# - bassrods - 10-17-2013

The carp was 37" and put my scales over..
[signature]

Re: [bassrods] Yuba Northens =30+# - flygoddess - 10-17-2013

Interesting, I never weigh them so now I know I caught some weight. [Smile]
[signature]

Re: [bassrods] Yuba Northens =30+# - Ktrout - 10-18-2013

But your title (Yuba Northens =30+#) says that your northern was over 30#s not your carp.
[signature]

Re: [flygoddess] Yuba Northens =30+# - catmaster23 - 10-18-2013

This is what a 30 lb carp looks like, time for a new scale bassrods.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=84054]
[signature]

Re: [catmaster23] Yuba Northens =30+# - danielc - 10-18-2013

That's what I was thinking and here is how you prove a length of a fish .
[signature]

Re: [Ktrout] Yuba Northens =30+# - bassrods - 10-18-2013

The picture is not that good, with out some one else to take it they just don't look that good..
[signature]

Re: [bassrods] Yuba Northens =30+# - danielc - 10-18-2013

How's the one I took on the yard stick it looks good and proves a length
[signature]

Re: [bassrods] Yuba Northens =30+# - utahgolf - 10-18-2013

what size shoe are you? It's not too much technical work to take the length of the part of the shoe that is shown and apply that to the fish.
[signature]

Re: [catmaster23] Yuba Northens =30+# - riverdog - 10-18-2013

We can either all chip in and buy Cliff a new scale or we can continue to get a laugh. I vote everybody just get their laugh and not have him deal with reality.
[signature]

Re: [utahgolf] Yuba Northens =30+# - flygoddess - 10-18-2013

[quote utahgolf]what size shoe are you? It's not too much technical work to take the length of the part of the shoe that is shown and apply that to the fish.[/quote]

My hubby is a #13 and the width of all his clunky boots is 4 1/2" so there is a start.
I know I have caught several 36"...just can't guess weight[crazy]
[signature]

Re: [bassrods] Yuba Northens =30+# - Marathonman - 10-18-2013

I went there last saturday and gave up after 3 hours. No fish. Wanted to get that off my bucket list. Maybe try again someday.
[signature]

Re: [flygoddess] Yuba Northens =30+# - wiperhunter2 - 10-19-2013

We caught one at Starvation some years back that was 36" but it only weighted 19 lbs and it was not skinny, put up a great fight.
[signature]

Re: [wiperhunter2] Yuba Northens =30+# - riverdog - 10-19-2013

The weight above 30 lb described would mean he caught a fish that was 4 ft or longer. Probable longer as his is certainly a nice fish but not particularly plump. If that was a 48-50 inch fish then he wears size 22 shoes and is using 14 ft rods from comparing measurements in the various photos.[shocked]
[signature]

Re: [riverdog] Yuba Northens =30+# - flygoddess - 10-19-2013

[quote riverdog]The weight above 30 lb described would mean he caught a fish that was 4 ft or longer. Probable longer as his is certainly a nice fish but not particularly plump. If that was a 48-50 inch fish then he wears size 22 shoes and is using 14 ft rods from comparing measurements in the various photos.[shocked][/quote]

You put a lot of thought into that answer....[laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]

Re: [danielc] Yuba Northens =30+# - bassrods - 10-20-2013

Well if it was anything but a carp or trout I would have tried harder to get a better picture ..

But its a carp..

The picture of the northern is even worse of a picture..
[signature]

Re: [utahgolf] Yuba Northens =30+# - bassrods - 10-20-2013

They are 10 1/2 ..
[signature]

Re: [Marathonman] Yuba Northens =30+# - bassrods - 10-20-2013

I was off the water by 12:30 my cable on my trolling motor broke.. I should have it fixed by the middle of this next week and will be going back down if you want to go..
[signature]