Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Read the Beach - A SIMPLE APPROACH to Surf Fishing Structure
[url "https://youtu.be/i3OAvYzRO-g"]https://youtu.be/i3OAvYzRO-g[/url]

How to read the beach, a simple approach to surf fishing structure with seams & changes. I often hear many folks new to surf fishing say "I don't see it! What structure are you looking for?" So I made this simple video to help you see some of the things I notice when i am looking for beach structure. The concept is rather simple when reading the beach. I just look for seams which are nothing but changes. A seam can be strong and contrasting, or so subtle you may not know they are even there on a calm day. Seams and changes on the beach are indicated primarily by turbulent white washing water or contrasting color formed by deep structure. Find a good seam you found change and that change may hold fish!

The clips will show you outlined in RED where I see the seams, GREEN where fish may hold and BLUE where I may cast. You will see it all overlaps and hopefully solidify your view of the open beach and install your confidence when approaching the water. I also like the word MAY as the are no truths to any fishing scenario. Seams make changes and those changes hold fish. This concept can be applied to any fishing arena, be it lake, river, bay, inlet and even ocean... ANY SCENARIO!

I wanted to keep the video short with a few examples but it went longer then I liked. You can watch it in its entirety or in pieces and try to follow the simple discussion through. I hit the basic concepts of changes and seems. The video is not so much made how to surf fish the beach but rather how to help you find productive water. I am sure I missed many thoughts idea and concepts and this can be discussed for hours but keep it simple and you may find the seams, the fish and the cast are all related. Any important points you would like to add please do and any questions I will be more then happy to fill in on your comments. Thanks as always for watching and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it.
[signature]
Thank you for sharing such an incredible video. The video should be a great tool in aiding the newbies, beginners and even the advanced surf fishing anglers to have better success.[fishon]
[signature]
Thanks so much I really appreciate your comment!
[signature]
You are most welcome. We all learn from each other. Some by asking questions and getting answers while others get the answers by means of excellent fishing tips that another posts to share. [cool]
[signature]
I could not have said that better! We are always learning, thats the awesome thing things change momment to momment!
[signature]