Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle Provo Report 3/14
Started fishing around noon after driving to 2 different spots that had 10+ cars. I kept checking my phone to make sure today was really a Tuesday instead of a Saturday. Who knows why every pullout had so many fisherman? Walked for 15 minutes to get to a piece of river with nobody else in site. Saw midges on the surface the whole time I was on the river but only saw 2 fish rise in 3+ hours. Good thing I had my nymph rod ready to go because that's what was catching fish. Caught 5 fish on zebra midges with the same number hooked and lost. Lost track of time and paid the price with sunburnt arms. Hopefully spring is here to stay!
[quote foothill_fisher] Who knows why every pullout had so many fisherman?[/quote]

Because the vast majority of people who fly fish in this state have no idea that there is other water than the Provo and Green.

And I absolutely love that fact.

Everyone can have both of those rivers. I like knowing that 99% of people will be stacked in there while I enjoy solitude on water within ten miles of them.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! Glad you were able to figure out something that worked. I am going to give it a try tomorrow and hope that this Tuesday's crowd will be a little less than last week's!

Also I will confess that when i moved here I tried to get to water with more solitude, but my experience is that the Provo is usually better fishing in spite of the crowds. And Strawberry is usually even better (once the water opens), in spite of having the largest crowds of all. Maybe I should give exploration another try.
[signature]
[quote _6x_]Thanks for the report! Glad you were able to figure out something that worked. I am going to give it a try tomorrow and hope that this Tuesday's crowd will be a little less than last week's!

Also I will confess that when i moved here I tried to get to water with more solitude, but my experience is that the Provo is usually better fishing in spite of the crowds. And Strawberry is usually even better (once the water opens), in spite of having the largest crowds of all. Maybe I should give exploration another try.[/quote]

Get a tube and start exploring lakes off of skyline. Lots of better fishing up there than the provo.
[signature]