Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Trolling motor recomendations
I'm looking into maybe upgrading my endura. It keeps having problems. I step on the pedal and sometimes it runs, sometimes it doesn't. I can get it to rotate left or right with no problem though.

Is the terrova ipilot really worth it? What do you recommend?
[signature]
What year is your endura, if it is new enough you could simply up grade it to Co-pilot, it's a lot cheaper and it would likely fix your problem. I had the same problem on my Electric trolling motor and I was able to fix it by taking the foot pedal apart and clean the contacts. It's not hard to do and you don't need many tools, once you get it apart, you just use a wire brush to clean the contacts and put it back together. To upgrade to Co-pilot it cost around $125, to upgrade to I-pilot it's around $400.
[signature]
Not sure if it is the foot pedal, sometimes I'll push it down and I hear it click but the prop still wont spin. I will take it apart and clean it. Not sure what model year it is but bought it's a 2016 boat and it came with it.

Seems to work just fine in the garage though. [crazy]
[quote AlexB]I'm looking into maybe upgrading my endura. It keeps having problems. I step on the pedal and sometimes it runs, sometimes it doesn't. I can get it to rotate left or right with no problem though.

Is the terrova ipilot really worth it? What do you recommend?[/quote]

I didn't realize there was an Endura bow mount, you sure it's not a Powerdrive?
[signature]
[quote fish_hntr]

I didn't realize there was an Endura bow mount, you sure it's not a Powerdrive?[/quote]

[Tongue] Sorry, it is a PowerDrive V2.
[signature]
Sounds like the brushes.
My last one went thru them like candy.
Finally bought a 36v 112lb thrust Terrova and it has been the best money I've ever spent. Now we just fish instead of pedaling the boat.
[signature]
[quote AlexB][quote fish_hntr]

I didn't realize there was an Endura bow mount, you sure it's not a Powerdrive?[/quote]

[:p] Sorry, it is a PowerDrive V2.[/quote]

Does it have AutoPilot? A cheap and easy way to get rid of the foot pedal is to simply add the wireless CoPilot for about $120, details here https://www.minnkotamotors.com/Products/...RDRIVE-V2/ but can be found cheaper on ebay or amazon.
[signature]
[quote AlexB]Not sure if it is the foot pedal, sometimes I'll push it down and I hear it click but the prop still wont spin. I will take it apart and clean it. Not sure what model year it is but bought it's a 2016 boat and it came with it.

Seems to work just fine in the garage though. [crazy][/quote]

Mine worked some time like that too, if you know someone that has another foot pedal, just borrow theirs and see if it fixes your problem, then you will know for sure. or is it the rigid cable?
[signature]