Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here....but not necessarily new to fishing. Look forward to sharing stories.[Smile]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Stand2. I see you like to ice fish, what kind of fish do you usually catch while ice fishing?
WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome......I 'm one of those who is more particular about who I go with rather than what I catch because having a good time is most important to me.

That being said, I really enjoy brown trout and salmon fishing. But for eating I like a good mess of white perch. The bigger the better for all types....lol
Are white perch the same as white bass[:/]? I enjoy eating yellow perch, walleye and Salmon. Trout are fun to catch but I rarely eat them. Got out ice fishing about a month ago and picked up a few Tiger trout and Brook trout, I'll attach a pic of each.
[signature]
hello, i am new here and if you want assignment help then please click on the link.

Edit: See FAQ above for the rules on this site, links are not allowed for new members
[signature]
I'm not sure. I guess it depends where you live. Terms can be different for the same fish. Where bass are actually a member of the perch family, I would think it would be the other way around.....lol.
White bass could be many things......like whitefish, bream or crappie.
The white perch is generally bigger than the yellow with a slightly thicker body. They travel in schools and will readily take a medium sized shiner. A friend of mine caught one once that weighed 3 lbs. 4 oz. Nice fish.
[signature]
I'm told that white bass are from the striper family and they call them striped bass. Do you know if the fish you call a white perch comes from the perch family? I tried looking them up and they look similar and I do know they run in schools but I can't say I've ever seen one that's close to 3 lbs.
[signature]