Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport (report)
[font "Times New Roman"][blue][size 3]Fished Rockport this morning with Fish1on Jr. and some friends. We fished West of the boat launch using small green tubes and a mealworm. I sold my finder but would guess we were in about 35-40 feet of water. Had to be off the water by 11 so we did not limit out. My boy iced 7 perch to my 3!!! Just enough for a meal tonight though!! The weather was great, no wind and sunny all morning. Attached is a pic of my boy with one of his perch.[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
Hi Fish1on, Good to see you made it up to Rockport. I always feel proud when my sons out fish me.It seems to be a regular event anymore. The area around the ramp has been fished real hard and the fish seem to have moved to other areas where the pressure is less. Without a fish finder it is hard to catch the trout. They will pass by in schools at different elevations, suspended from just under the ice, to all the way down to the bottom. If you want to locate trout without a finder, try closer to the shore in under 25' of water.It sounds like the weather was OK and not too cold. I am going to try it again up there on Monday . Maybe I will see some BFT folks then DKS
[signature]
It sure sounds like the catching at Rockport has slowed. Any size to the perch? WH2
[signature]
8"-10" was the size range. I was after perch only, so not having a finder was no big deal. The day was more for my kid to get into some faster action fishing, and it proved to be for him. 7 fish in a couple hours with some sledding in there too!!
[signature]
Congradulation on your first Perch Fish1on Jr. Get used to getting out fished by him Pat, it happens to me all the time.
[signature]
It just aint right Dave!! I was more interested in watching him fish and probably missed a ton of bites. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!! You fishing anywhere Monday?? Send me a pm I was thinking of East canyon or lost creek with my kid!
[signature]