Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle (report) 2/15/04
Fished Jordanelle today with my neighbor and caught about 40 fish between the two of us. We fish over by the marina and started out in about 20' of water. When the bite droped off a little we moved in to about 10-12' where the bite picked up again. About half the perch over 6" and 7 perch over 8" with the largest coming in at 9.5" and a 17" rainbow thrown into the mix. We were using wax worms and perch meat. Tried meal worms without any bites

Not the 400 fish we wanted but a good day none the less. There's always next time.[Wink]

Bigpapafish
[signature]
sounds like a great day and welcome to BFT!
[signature]
Bigpapafish,

Nice to see you at the BFT Message Board. Remember me? We fished together three Saturdays ago at about the same area. You were the fishmeister that day at Jordanelle. Good to know that you had a good day at the marina. Did you have your baby yet? If you did, congrats to you and your family, although if you're still out fishing maybe the baby hasn't arrived yet. Welcome to BFT!!

kastmaster
[signature]
Hi kastmaster. How are you. I was hoping to run into you at Jordanelle. Maybe next time. Next time I'll have my own sonar. I picked one up on ebay and just waiting for it to arrive. Its an older flasher type and I don't know how it compares to the vexilars we were talking about but for $20 its hard to go wrong.... [Smile] We need to hook up some time and you can show me around utah lake.

And yes we had the baby. A 10lb 8oz bouncing baby boy. Thats a big fish[Wink]. He and Mama and the rest of the family are doing great . Thanks for asking and take care.

Bigpapafish
[signature]
I was there also but over at Rockcliff. We started @ 9 in the morning and fished until 5:30 all told we caught about 40-50 perch between the two of us but only the last few perch had any size 8-9 inches but we nailed to big trout one bow and one brown.

Used iceflies with waxworm until we caught our first perch then started using waxie tipped with perch-eye. later rigged up and icefly with a stinger hook and a crawler and started catching the perch on the stinger.
[signature]