Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine report
Fished the South side (?? I think) not too far from shore. About 90 feet of water. My wife and I got several hits but only landed one 13in bow. The other couple in our group landed about 5 bows. They cheated. They had a fish finder. (just kidding Brady) We were hoping to land some kokes but had no luck this trip. We used small jigs and flashers. I'll have to convince my wife that she wants to try nice fresh salmon so I can get her out onto the ice again sometime soon.
[signature]
Way to go Loren, it is good to get an up to date report on Porcupine. How were the roads? How thick is the Ice? Where there any other fishers then in your party?
[signature]
Roads: 2wd to the bottom of the dam. 4wd to the top of the dam. And snowmobiles to get past the dam.

Ice: about 18in. My hand auger reminded me that I need to spend more time at the gym.

Fishermen: all together about 20-30 people on the ice.

The fishing was slow and steady from 7 till 10:30 when it died out on my wife and I.
[signature]
Good report, being new, were is porcupine? I started working out in the gym after my first ice fishing trip. I feel a lot better now and not so dead at the end of the day. I would recommend it to anyone, its always good to be in shape.
[signature]
Thanks for the Porcupine update. It sure has been a little disappointing this year.

Daniel, Porcupine is located in the very south end of the Cache valley, south and east of Paradise.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I know I should look on my map before I ask dumb questions.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are dumb, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
[signature]
I had been wondering about Porcupine. I guess I need to get up there soon. Thanks for the report.
I went up with Hashbaz today. I just got my MarCum flasher this week so I had to make sure it worked. It is worth every penny. My wife and I had pretty consistent bites all day long. We landed five (3 for Andrea and 2 for me) The biggest was 16 inches. All in all we had alot of bites, a few get off and a lot of fish came through. I caught a cutbow. Fish were at all different depths at first then started to come off the bottom. We had all of our luck on orange curly tail jigs with orange power bait. The depth we fished at was 50-90 feet. Nobody around us was catching hardly anything. I can credit all of our success on the flasher. It helped us to find the fish and to find the right bait.
[signature]