Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Info-Topgun boat covers
Had some info on were to get a Topgun material boat cover made,had the dreaded hard drive crash and its allgone!Can someone help me?[Sad]

My boat cover split this winter

Thanks-MIKE
[signature]
[#0000ff][size 2]The name is Tommygun(tomegun) not topgun[cool]. Try Cabelas Mangum TopGun(the toughest boat covers) or [url "http://www.boat-world.com"]www.boat-world.com[/url] for the those boat covers that have tried to rip off my name.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the info(sorry they ripped off your name)[laugh]
[signature]
A number of custom canvas places around town can make them for your boat. I live by Ogden, and if you are up this way, Brians Canvas does a nice job. I know there are a couple of shops in SLC, like Sugarhouse Awning, that will custom make a top gun cover for you as well. Good luck, you will love the cover.
[signature]
Last year I finally had funeral services for my old boat cover. Lasted 23 years with the help of a lot of patches and, yes, duct tape. When I priced a custom made replacement cover, even a cheap one, I just about died. Hundreds of dollars!!! The generic ones you can buy all over the place are based upon boat configuration and length and never seem to fit right, although they are cheap. What I ended up doing is buying a generic version, a snap kit and tool at Boaters World and made my own. I cut the canvas to fit and the wife hemmed up the edges. I then took this really neat tool that fits on the end of a pair of vice grips that installs the snaps on the cover. Really fast, consistant and easy. Now instead of the hassle of bungie cords and ropes holding the cover on , I just snap my cover on and off in seconds. It took half a day to do but I saved $$hundreds$$ and have a custom fit cover for cheap. My only word of caution is the shrinkage factor. If you buy a canvas cover that shrinks a lot. wash it a few times and let it dry in the sun. When it is cool and dry it will be at it's smallest size. That is when you need to locate both sides of the snaps on the cover & boat. From there if the cover "grows" you can still get it snapped on. Good luck. Mr. J.
[signature]
Thanks,hows that smoker work for you?
[signature]
Thanks for the info

Mike
[signature]
The smoker works really well. I've only used it a couple of times, but it sure cooks up some mean grub! Fresh smoked Kokes are sure a tasty treat! Once again thanks. Good luck with the boat cover.
[signature]
Where do you live? In Utah County the best place to go is Kirkham's in AF. If you have a lot of money invested in your boat and want to protect your investment, get a custom cover made from topgun material. My cover cost $700, but it still looks almost new after 5 years of being stored outside 24x7.