Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Day at FG
Yesterday I had the opportunity to take an 87 year old terminally ill life-long fisherman out on FG for his first (and perhaps last) Kokanee adventure. At a recent benefit I offered a fishing trip as a prize and it was purchased and given to this older gentleman who really wanted to catch his first Koke. He was a marvelous person, full of hope and sunshine and he left me with far more than I gave him.

After days of rain, snow, cold and wind at the Gorge, HIS day opened with milder temps, calm and sunshine. The Kokanee more than cooperated and I will never forget his joy and excitement of FisfOn! after FishOn! and Koke after Koke on what is likely a last day on the water. I write this post because I know all of you who love the sport and being on the water understand and feel my emotion of spending this special day with him. I will not forget him nor this special day.
[signature]
Good on you Sir. Great story. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Looks like two special fisherman on that trip!
[signature]
Awesome Job! Big props to you for doing such a great service.
[signature]
Awesome post! Good on you.
[signature]
Wow, what a great trip. Good job.
[signature]
Super nice of you to donate a fishing trip and really great that someone thought of donating the trip to that gentleman. What fond memories you will have for years to come.
[signature]
God Bless you Fred, glad you show the gentleman a great day of fishing.
[signature]
Thanks Pete! At my age (82) it’s all about paying back and I owe so much. Hope to see you on the water sometime this year. Let me know if you go and I’ll send you some Trolling Tackle to use. My best to you and yours.
[signature]