Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New To Me Fishing Machine
I picked up my new to me 20’ 2009 Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore boat today. It has a 150 hp Yamaha 4 stroke motor with a matching 15hp kicker, 2 cannon mag 20 down riggers networked to the Hummingbird fish finder. I still need to add a MINN Kota trolling motor to the bow, I hope to find a decent used one if anyone has one for sale. It’s a big up grade from my 16’ 1985 Smoker Craft I have posted on the for sale board. All I can say is I have an awesome wife who loves me very much. I will have it down at Strawberry June 20th through the 23rd, say hi if you see me. The one dilemma I have now is that before I double hauled my 16’ boat behind my travel trailer but this boat is too large to do that, so if anyone wants to help me out by either pulling it down to Strawberry from Roy on Thursday the 20th for a day of fishing and some gas money or pulling it back for me on Sunday the 23rd while I follow with my truck and camp trailer send me a PM.
[signature]
That's a very sweet setup! Looks like it can handle some serious weather/water!
[signature]
That thing is sweet!!! Congrats! I’ve been drooling over Wooldridge boats for a couple of years now...
[signature]
Good job Obi! Glad you were able to get it. Quite the upgrade for sure
[signature]
Holy crap brother that's one sweet floater. I need you to take me out to Willard and show me how you're fishing the muscles for wipers.

Scott
[signature]
Beautiful boat!
[signature]
Only downside is now you're going to have to move the cars out of the garage so you have a place to keep it out of the weather when not in use! Nice looking setup.
[signature]
Nice rig ObiFishKenobi! The Force is certainly with you!
[signature]
Yes sir, that is one FINE looking water buggy [Wink] Did you find that here in Utah somewhere, or go out of state? And 2 Yamaha motors, you should be able to get most anywhere quick, then sneak up quiet on that kicker.
You have had her now about 3 months, how does she fish ?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I got it from a guy in Vernal, he used it as a guide boat up in Alaska in salt water off the Kenai River and on Flaming Gorge in the off season chasing Lake Trout. He put in a new diamond plate floor and a fresh paint job inside and out just before I bought it. It is amazing I never imagined that I would ever own a boat like that, it is so much roomier than my old 16 foot Smoker Craft. The 4 stroke motors are amazing the 150hp on it uses less gas than my old 2 stroke 115hp and it pushes the boat along at 50+ mph the kicker had very low hours on it as he trolled mainly with the main motor, it is very quiet and sips gas. On more than one occasion I have arrived at the spot where I am going to fish taken the main motor out of gear and didn't realize for 20 or 30 minutes that it was still running because it is so quiet. I put out invites from time to time if you want I can PM you the next time I'm looking for some company. I'm hoping to get down to strawberry a couple times in October and maybe Willard if I start seeing reports of Wiper boils.
[signature]