Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 12/4 [Thank You]
Well well well

The stars aligned and I got into some major whitefish today up there on the east side.

I wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who provided information in the other thread, I studied it diligently and it paid off.

Went 8 for ten- the biggest being 3 pounds 12 oz.

Fished second point from about 730 to 10:30 - maybe 10 or fifteen feet off shore, my lowrance was on the fritz so I couldn't tell you actual depth. Couldn't of been anchored in more than 10.

motored over to the north side of first point, anchored down, made a dehydrated meal while the fish got back in their rhythm and got into them again.

They seemed to like smaller presentations at my second spot and were also deeper. I'm guessing because it was later in the day.

I attached pics of the fish, and everything I caught with today.

Got some whole tail sections in the brine getting ready for the s.omer and some parmesan crusted fillets getting warm.

Thanks again for everyone's help. Good luck and tight lines out there!
[signature]
Congrats on a fine outing. I think you mean 12/4.
[signature]
Ha yes - time machine is still out of comission.
[signature]
Congrats, glad you found some nice ones. Later Jeff
[signature]
Good for you! I'm glad you got into them. Looks like you got some nice ones too.

I went out today and it was pretty slow due to the snow storm that came through overnight. Everyone I talked to said it was much slower as well. I got 11 of them and kept a few for tonight's dinner. It was my first chance to get out after them this year and it felt good....even if it could have been a little faster. I fished from 8:30 - 1:30.

Mike
[signature]
[quote gmwahl]Good for you! I'm glad you got into them. Looks like you got some nice ones too.

I went out today and it was pretty slow due to the snow storm that came through overnight. Everyone I talked to said it was much slower as well. I got 11 of them and kept a few for tonight's dinner. It was my first chance to get out after them this year and it felt good....even if it could have been a little faster. I fished from 8:30 - 1:30.

Mike[/quote]

Thank you! Ad to hear you got into them!

My wife said these "made the cut" on taste. These will keep my freezer stocked until there is enough ice for burbot. Guess I'll have to Bookear next year around this time too[laugh]
[signature]
Nice report. Were you tipping your jigs with bait? Night crawlers, gulp minnows?

Im looking to head up Saturday morning. I will send you a PM
[signature]