Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding A Different Skill ...
I was watching "The Blue Collar Comedy Tour DVD" The other day and they were at Bass Pro Shops between takes. I laughed my hind-end off and it got me thinking ... What new skill should I add to my fishing plethora? I was thinking that the "crankbait" is a good start. I really like this bait and I have used them often but I haven't mastered it. When I get back, I am going to start working that area of my game.

What about you guys?
[signature]
I plan on working my use of plastic worms this year. I plan to even try to use one for musky 14" long. next year I'll find somethig else to work on.
[signature]
I have been thinking about trying those rainbow trout mega baits they use in California at Castaic and Casitas for those huge largemouth. I'll bet they would work here with all the planter rainbows in our bass waters. Maybe not the 18 inch lures, but certainly the 10 or 12 inchers. Gets you thinking, eh?. Might just take the biggest bass we have to offer in Utah waters. Got the idea last summer when a huge buckethead swiped at a 12 inch rainbow K2 was reeling in. On a related matter, I have had some great success on the Rapala Jointed Shap Rap in brown crayfish. Smallies and largemouth tear them up. They just came out with a 3/8 oz version this year. I've stuck hundreds of bass with this crank.

Good Bass Fishing, Kayote
[signature]