Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama catfish
I just got back from Alabama and thought I'd show you guys a picture of a nice cat my cousin caught while I was there. Anyone what to guess how big it was? WH2
[signature]
I'm guessing 22 lbs just because it looks about twice as big as my biggest cat...an 11 pounder.
[signature]
I would guess around 30-35lbs.
[signature]
Close to 30.

Bet he made for a tasty dinner, huh? Did they fry you up some hushpuppies, mix up some fresh cole slaw, bacon-layered baked beans . . . Man, makes me want to go home for a visit myself!

Nice fish! Uinta Ice <'{{{{{><
[signature]
I'm guessing 12 to 15 pounds.. Good kitty, good kitty! Where's my cornbread??!![Wink]
[signature]

[signature]
LOL,, I'm thinking its a Blue but,, what do I know bout cats??
[signature]
Looks like an 18 lb. Channel Cat to me. I've never actually seen a blue in real life though.
[signature]
[Wink]I would say about a 17lbs, channel from what I can see of the v in the tail and the spots......[Tongue]
[signature]
i would have to say 23.5 lbs. am i right, am i right???
[signature]
Its 19 lb. 3 oz channel cat, dead on the head. I'm right, right? I've caught one about like that. Great fish!
[signature]
TubeN2 and you are the closest, it weighted 31 lbs and was 35 inches long. We used a bathroom scale to weight it so it could be a little off, this is another view that might show the fins better. My cousin thought it was a blue cat and released it to fight another day, no fish dinner this time. WH2
[signature]

[signature]
Great picture,, and I'm still waitin' on the cornbread!!

Yeah TD and my bet is,, you never left home without those scale's, right? [Wink]

OK,, who just swiped my 2X4 stretcher?? [laugh][laugh]

CF
[signature]
Hey TubeDad, Thanks for the info. I'm still just around 30lbs. ha ha. Then I woke up. I'm sure that cat still looks better than I did when I was born.[Tongue]
[signature]

[signature]
That's fer shure Pa. I plan on draggin a few around this year myself. If I can plan it right, I may even have a few of them drag me around too.
[signature]
I know the length for sure, isn't there some kind of chart that tells an average of how much a fish might weigh when you know the lenght? I know I've seen one for tiger muskie. WH2
[signature]

[signature]
It was my cousins biggest cat ever so I was just trying to get a close idea for him, I thought it was closer to 25 lbs but wasn't really surprised when the scales said 31. I've got a 50 lb digital scale here at home but that did not help him. I suggested he buy a digital scale and since he took me to Nashville to catch my flight he stopped by at the Bass Pro shop there and bought one. I guess the bottom line is the fish was his and it's not a big deal either way, thanks for the info. WH2
[signature]