Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bumming Around
Other than potholes enroute to destinations, I drove up to E Canyon. Noticed a lot of winter kill of deer along both sides of the road. There were sandbags along the road in front of many residence. 

[Image: P4210030.jpg]

E Canyon Res
Main body of lake was a white out, doesn't
appear to be breaking up yet

[Image: P4210031.jpg]

[Image: P4210032.jpg]

[Image: P4210033.jpg]
This was sitting in upper parking

Lot. No clue what its going to be
used for

[Image: P4210034.jpg]

These next 2 images are the Weber River
where floaters get in at Henefer

[Image: P4210035.jpg]

[Image: P4210037.jpg]

I took the Croyden exit for Lost Creek
finding no road crossing the river 
going to Croyden

[Image: P4210038.jpg]

[Image: P4210039.jpg]

[Image: P4210040.jpg]

[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Roger,
That cabin on wheels is a rental cabin.  There are 4 or 5 of them in in the new parking area at the Echo boat launch as well.  I'm guessing they will be an addition to the existing cabins at East Canyon.   That aren't being listed as rentals yet at either East Canyon or Echo.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I agree with Bob, they are always looking for ways to expand their camping areas, just like the yurt there at EC, just another opportunity for those that want to camp but not ruff it. Plus those are pre-built, so all the parks folks have to do is figure out a place to put them and have power for them. Not sure but they might even have a self contained septic system Undecided .

Roger, I'm going to move your post to the main board, so more members will see it.
I’m very familiar with manufactured homes. I use to work for Golden West Homes in Vacaville, Ca as a welder building chassis for those homes. Just curious, more interested with access to Croydon in what was going on there
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(04-24-2023, 08:54 PM)Bduck Wrote: I’m very familiar with manufactured homes. I use to work for Golden West Homes in Vacaville, Ca as a welder building chassis for those homes. Just curious, more interested with access to Croydon in what was going on there

Not sure if you are aware or this but you can get around that road to Croydon by going to the second Hefner exit, go over the over pass and drive back to Croydon. They are replacing the bridge there but it's sure taking some time.
(04-24-2023, 11:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-24-2023, 08:54 PM)Bduck Wrote: I’m very familiar with manufactured homes. I use to work for Golden West Homes in Vacaville, Ca as a welder building chassis for those homes. Just curious, more interested with access to Croydon in what was going on there

Not sure if you are aware or this but you can get around that road to Croydon by going to the second Hefner exit, go over the over pass and drive back to Croydon. They are replacing the bridge there but it's sure taking some time.
They sure picked a great year to replace the bridge with all the high water. Rolleyes

It's like they wait for a good water year to drain a reservoir for dam repairs. Big Grin  
(04-25-2023, 01:55 AM)gofish435 Wrote: They sure picked a great year to replace the bridge with all the high water. Rolleyes

It's like they wait for a good water year to drain a reservoir for dam repairs. Big Grin  

If they had got the bridge supports in before to melt started, things could have been different but it will be a long while now.

Curt, I know of it but never been down that trail and never in the past had a reason to. Was surprised to see exit 111 to Croydon closed
Harrisville UT
(04-26-2023, 01:34 PM)Bduck Wrote:

Curt, I know of it but never been down that trail and never in the past had a reason to. Was surprised to see exit 111 to Croydon closed
With all the semi trucks now using that secondary road, to get from their plant and the long Winter, that road is really been hammered and in ruff share but it's the only route open to Lost creek and Croydon.
I lived in Dixon when I was a little kid and my father used to haul cattle throughout that part of the state, speaking of vacas.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.