Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOW TRIP?
Well? Lets see the carnage, and hear the stories.

Slapshot and myself were in Baudette this past weekend and fished on Friday. Only two Sauger caught and some monster fish straightened a hook for us. The rest of the weekend was spent in the hockey rink playing hockey.

I’m heading to Red Lake on 3/20 with the kid. I’m looking forward to watching him pull up a few 15” crappies.
[signature]
I agree, lets hear it!!![cool][cool]
[signature]
Well, I think all had fun, fishing was great! catching, well, was slow, enough to make things exciting tho! biggest fish was caught by one of our Mb buds at 40-5/8", and there were a couple "big fish" lost at the bottom of the hole too.
but the biggest fish caught was on Flag's line, we all yelled, !!Dont Dog It!! but,[blush] He Dogged it...but hey, we all got to see its massive head!! (it was HUGE!)
I didnt get a flag in 4 days, weather sucked for 3 of em, but I wont miss it next year!!

Flag! next year, Ill give your line to someone else to tend while yer pulling er in, and I'll grab the fish! wish I was closer!!

Id post a pic or 2 if I knew how??
[signature]
[Sad] I did'nt dog it , not that bad anyway !!!! I'm still suffering from the loss !!! Oh well , fish like that keep me going back up there !! LOL !!! I 'll post something tommorro on the trip , thanks for all for such a good turn out , it was fun meeting Rat , he's a nice guy to be around !!! And Minneman , I hope your the one by my hole to help pull it out next time !!! I think that was my #30 + fish !!![unsure]
[signature]
Pbslapshot and myself were in Baudette playing in a hockey tourney. we stayed at the Wig Wam, but could only fish on Friday. We got 2 sauger, and another monster straightend a hook on us. then got the truck stuck twice, and gave up and went to the Wig for a few adult beverages. see pics on the ice fishing board...
[signature]
It was great meeting all these outdoor fanatics! I truly enjoyed myself although I only caught one fish. It was definitely a learning experience for me. Next time I'm going to only bring the bare necessities so it's easier for me to cross the border.

In case you guys missed the picture from the Ice Fishing forum of the one that didn't get away (Leonard's "not quite a Master Angler size" fish), here it is again:

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3278;]

Don't know if I'll be able to make it next year. It will depend on the time of the year. If the trip this year was two weeks later I would have had no trouble at all getting the time off from work. Plus we might have caught a lot more.

Anyway, thanks for the great time guys! Despite how cold I looked, I was only a little chilly. I just figured, why stand outside and let the heat go to waste in the shelter? Might as well take advantage of it.
[signature]
Hey DDR, Nice pike[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2703;]!! That's bigger than the ones I've ever caught. How big was it? Did you catch it on a tipup?
[signature]
DDR, it was great to meet you as well, your welcome in my shack anytime! 2 weeks later eh? thats my prefered time, just tough to find lodging since thats when everyone else wants to be there too.

hope to see ya next year!
[signature]
[Wink] I THINK THAT WOULD BE GREAT (TWO WEEKS LATER ) BUT HOW ABOUT THE WHOLE MONTH OF MARCH !!!! LOL !!!!

[signature]
Bassmaster, 'twas not my fishy. Wish it were. It was Leonard's fishy.

Hey guys, I'd love to do an entire month but that's way out of my budget unless I win the Powerball or something. If that happened, I'd pay for everybody for a month!
[signature]
[mad] WHY DID'NT WE HAVE THIS WEATHER UP THERE LAST WEEK , IT WOULD HAVE MADE IT ALOT NICER !!! aNYONE INTRESTED IN THE LAST WEEKEND OF THE MONTH TRIP ? rANDY AND MINNEMAN SHOWED SOME INTREST , DAN AND HIS WIFE ARE GOING TO BE PARENTS ABOUT THAT TIME , SO HE'S OUT. IT SHOULD BE EASIER TRAVEL AND MAYBE THE WEATHER WILL BE NICER !!! HATTRCK ?

[signature]
I'd love to but I can't afford another trip up there. Plus I now have some car trouble. Repair shop says if they do it, with parts, it's gonna run me close to $400. I'm gonna hafta save up for that!
[signature]
I'm going to Red on Sat, I Doubt I would be able to go. thanks for the invite. Last weekend cost way too much, wife would have a hard time with another weekend away.
[signature]