Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budget Crisis?
[Sad]I read in the Denver post that the Colorado legislative Joint budget Committee has decided to decrease the Colorado State Parks General Fund Contribution by 3 million dollars this year! They are suggesting closing Spinney, Barr Lake and Harvey Gap resevoirs. They also have suggested closing Bonny, Jackson, John Martin, North Sterling and Trinidad three days a week. Even though these waters are extremely important to us anglers they are not revenue producers!

Governor Owens has to sign off on this proposal? I have little faith that he will do right by us?
[signature]
Hi Neal-

I think the first hearing/conference on this issue is set for this Friday. There has been such an uproar over this issue I don't think it will occur, at least not as it was originally proposed. I am sending messages to my representatives telling them what I think about the issue. I hope that the next time there is an opportunity to amend or repeal the TABOR amendment the voters of this state realize thye problems it has caused.

Don
[signature]
By the way, Neal, it's good to see you've become a member. I'd like to see this site get more active. You oughta take a look at the Utah board if you haven't already, those folks are sharing a ton of helpful info. Hope we can get Colorado fishermen to do a little more of that.

Don
[signature]
[Smile]Good to hear from you also Don! Eric has been telling me to check this site out, so I finally did today.

I had a bad knee injury and surgery at Christmas so I haven't ice fished once this winter. I always hit Spinney early, so I about blew a gasket when I read that article.

By the way, I have set the dates for the Walleye Central Western Get-together for August 13-15 at Glendo, sure hope you can attend!
[signature]
Well, I just marked off those dates on the calendar. I really want to learn Glendo this year and I'd like to meet you guys. I've got a walleye-fishing friend who just moved here from Ohio so I think he and I are going to try to hit Glendo several times this year.

And the Lake Powell smallmouth are calling...and its stripers...and walleye...and the Flaming Gorge lakers.

So many waters to fish and so little time!!!

Don
Hope you can make it! This will be the fifth year I have organized it and I am hoping we draw about 50 people!

Glendo is a great fishery when you catch it right!!! We always have a good time! Lots of good company, and great food! I always learn a new trick or two also!
[signature]