Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Info: Golden Gate State Park
Hello,
Thankfully,I've FINALLY found a forum for Colorado Fishermen. This is my first post and I would like to know if anyone has info about the ponds at Golden Gate State Park, west of HWY 93 between Golden and Boulder.

www.parks.state.co.us says they are good for youth fishing, but is that all? Are the ponds still iced over right now?

I've been doing real well at Aurora Reservoir, but I am ready for a change of scenery. Any info would help. Thank you.
[signature]
Welcome to Bigfishtackle Pancho.[cool]

always room for one more in the boat.

when do you plan on hitting the Golden Gate?
[signature]
I went up there on Sunday afternoon. Most of the ponds are still well frozen over. There was one pond with some open water, and plenty of people crowding each other. The fish were very small, and I couldn't believe people were actually keeping them. Now that I've been ther, I can say it's probably a nice place to take a kid, but not much more. However, it is very beautiful up there - well worth the drive if only for the scenery. After that we drove up to Georgetown Lake and were shut out completely. Not even the smallest nibble.
[signature]
I have seen that before, people keeping small fish, especialy gills and perch. reasons being is that they get stunted from over population and not enough food. it is good some times to harvest a few of the smaller ones just to give the others some breathing room, especialy if there is a lack of preditors in the area.

temps hit mid 50's here today in south east Michigan and suspost to stay there for the rest of the week.

sounds like a red horse run commin in soon... [Smile]

what is the first spring run in your area?
[signature]
Actually, the ponds are very small. I'd doubt that the fish would bet much bigger. Anyway, it was a fun day.
[signature]